DW Attendees: Will you attend the MX School?

• I'll be there!

Votes: 47 97.9%
  • Nope, nah gonna do it.

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's official... our resident Pro Billy Frank will be doing classes at DW '02. Professor Who, will be offering-up super secret pro tips, taking questions, demonstrating and critiquing. How many opportunities do you get for instruction from a National Rookie of the Year? Billy has been tearing-it-up in the big leagues this year and will be there to pass on some of his best stuff.

Next to be hanging-out in the teacher's lounge is Kris (DRN's"brownie") Brown, owner of Cooperland and Scary Fast :scream: MX'er. Is it just me or is there something terribly wrong about being 20 years old, owning a National caliber facility AND be able to ride the wheels off a bike? He flat-out rips and is a super nice guy.

We're still working on the next one, but wanted to throw out a hint or two. 1) If this person joins the staff, his class will involve air.
2) Here's a pic.
guess.jpg

We don't have confirmation, but it looks good.

The classes will be broken up into sessions, each instructor teaching different skills. You do not want to miss this. Even if you have no interest in MX, what you learn will carry over to your preferred riding/racing.

To steal an over-used phrase: This is going to be a good time mister. :aj:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
By breaking up into sessions we will rotate from one station to the next to keep groups smaller for more individual attention. Both of these guys can teach you a thing or two and if we get the above mentioned, but unconfirmed, and one other SUPER TOP SECRET advisor this will be one hell of a class to take.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
You may be able to break the sessions into skill level also. I am a woods rider, but would attend a MX training session to learn new skills.

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Was that Guy Cooper... saw the 520 Katoomer head pipes.... That would be very very cool. Billy since I can't be at DW how bout a net tutorial??

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by fatherandson
You may be able to break the sessions into skill level also. I am a woods rider, but would attend a MX training session to learn new skills.

The classes are for all levels... no way to we have time to break it down and can only ask for so much time from these guys. Rest assured, everyone will learn something.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
I dont think my wife is letting me bring the cahones this year but I would defintely like to learn better cornering techiques. Count me in Mr.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Is Kenny Bartram the 'super secret' air professor? I think he is Guy's nephew or something. He also used to ride with a buddy of mine that lives about 30 minutes north of OKC.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Oh wait - Duh... TP :)

He is known to ride with (and practice FMX) Bartram and I think hes been at Cooperland a lot. Is Travis gonna bust out some new tricks for us? :aj:

Last edited:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Lou, I think they are talking about a super secret guy in addition to Billy and Brownie :aj:

I am sticking with my guess of TP and thinking maybe they got a pic of him on Guys 520. Dual exhaust headers anyway.

Very clever naming the file.... Guess.jpg by the way :moon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom