needsprayer

Oct 24, 2001
I have an AGV RC-5 helmet that has a HIR-TH resin shell. When I crashed last saturday my helmet suffered a couple of long gouges (20mm and 35mm) about 1.5mm deep.

When I look at the damage, I don't see any fractures and the resin is built up in such a way that it is similar to plywood. I.e mutliple layers of fibers.

Do I need to replace this helmet?
Thanks

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Yep you do :D

Is your head and life not worth a couple hundred bucks?

A drop from a tailgate to cement can literally damage a helmet and greatly impact it's quality and make it uselsess.
From what you described it got some real damage and it did it's job. Now put in on the shelf and use it as a conversation piece.

You will thank yourself later :cool:

Last edited:
B

biglou

Everytime one of these threads pops up, I think to myself, "If it was enough to make you have to think about it, then, yes, you should replace it." :D

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
You can only confirm that it has no cracks through an x-ray. Those gouges, as deep as they are sound good enough to pack that baby away. I agree with BigLou.

kciH

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 28, 2002
I added a new helmet to my collection of ones that don't get worn anymore last year. Any time you have a crash that causes you to question the helmet, or if your get knocked out (even just temporarily), you should replace the helmet.

needsprayer

Oct 24, 2001
That's what I thought

OK, but I had to ask. Maybe I should change my name to Needsmoney. :)

Thanks

Now where did I plant that money tree? Oh, honey ... ;)

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Re: That's what I thought

Originally posted by needsprayer

Maybe I should change my name to Needsmoney. :)

[/QUOTE

Boy do I feel dumb..... it's needs prayer, not need sprayer.........gezzzzz :o

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom