"EPA seeks cleaner motorbikes, boats"

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
This is absolute bull.

There is no way the average motorcycle makes 20 times more pollution per mile than a car.

Also, they say the motorcycle pollution could be cut by as much as 90 percent......at no cost to highway performance???

If they really want to do something about emmissions, they'd find a way to keep 100 millions cars from sitting on the highways idling during rush hour twice daily 260 days per year.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002

Environmentalists pointed out the emission reduction requirement for motorcycles could have been as high as 90 percent.

Where did they get these stats from? Running my bike at 20:1 under neath the final approach at the air port in Cinci? :moon:

Jeeze this propaganda is getting out of hand! :|

Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
The only time I notice an air quality problem is when I am around people that smoke. I don`t doubt large cities have polution problems but I don`t think dirt bikes are the cause of it.

The EPA is going to pick on the groups that cause the least static when restricted.

kciH

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 28, 2002
I think what you mean is that...The EPA is going to pick on the groups that don't have the money or organization to buy the politicians that control the EPA :cool:

Top Bottom