Expansion chamber filled with gas overnight?!?!?

joebobkabila

Nov 18, 2008
Hello everyone,

Quick question if anyone can provide some insight to my problem. I have a 2000 ATK MX 50 which has recently been having some engine issues. Here is the gist of my problem:

The bike runs but only for 5-10 min before bogging and stalling. Restart is possible after it dies but only with idle open. Bike dies upon closing idle. When the bike is left overnight gas is leaking and the expansion chamber is full of gas.

My petcock seems to be messed up but I was wondering what else could cause this issue... I took apart the carb and cleaned it thoroughly but it still is stalling on me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread and any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So when you "cleaned" the carb what all did you actially do? Most people pull if off, remove the bowl and squirt some cleaner around.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
your float is stuck down or you needle valve is installed improperly. fuel overflowed the main jet of the carb and ran down the intake. then filled the cylinder...then filled the pipe.

so you need to fix the carb problem, which I'm guessing you induced when cleaning. then take the reedcage off and turn the bike upside down and dump the fuel out of the crankcase. also take the plug out and kick over slowly about 50 times with reedcage off.
Install a new plug. install reedcage. hold wide open and kick and kick and kick...it will start and then chug a little and start. then hold wide open until it cleans out.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom