DougLee

Aug 5, 2000
I'm thinking about adding a flywheel weight to my 03 KX250 to smooth the power delivery. I was wondering how much difference a flywheel weight will make and what weight to get. I'm considering a 13 oz weight. I play ride a combination of MX track and fairly tight technical trails in NC & SC. I usually ride a KDX200 when just trail riding, but often use the KX when a day's riding will include MX and trails. I don't race, and I'm not concerned with losing some snap on the MX track. How much difference will a flywheel weight make? Is it worth the money? Thanks!

cr250pierce

Aug 25, 2004
I put on my 2002 CR 250 and I like it. It makes the bike easier to ride in the tight stuff because it is not as easy to stall. It is much more forgiving with the the rear brake. I didn't really notice a difference in power delivery as far as the "hit" is concerned, but I think its easier to roll the power on with the flywheel weight. I run a 10 oz., On my bike that is the biggest one that you can run without having to grind on your ignition cover. I wouldn't want a heavier one. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom