For all the Colorado and USC fans....

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Hear this now, or hear it later.....
(and btw.. often!)

[MP3]http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/attachment.php?attachmentid=6689.mp3[/MP3]

Attachments

• Boomer1.mp3
    768.7 KB · Views: 212

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
:cool: Love it!!!!!! I hope OU beats the tar out of USC, because everybody knows it should be OU and Auburn in the BCS championship game. :nener:

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Don't be surprised if we get another split National Championship.

I'll just keep beating the "college football needs a playoff drum." :clue:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
must agree with TT about the palyoffs....the BCS is bogus. They never pair up the top 2 teams. Seems every year people complain about who got "National Champions". Dont get me wrong, I'll watch every bowl game, college football rocks. But something different needs to be done.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Playoffs is the only way to decide. Maybe December Madness, kinda like with the hoops but not 64 teams LOL. It'll never happen so I'll just watch them all and enjoy :cool:

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Okiewan said:
Kinda depends on who you think determines the top 2 teams?

1) A computer... just facts, no agenda
2) Coaches ? Like they don't vote for their conferences, lol... it MEANS BIG MONEY to their schools.
3) The press? When do we ever trust them to be fair and balanced?

Even with the new BCS, 1/3 of the BCS equation is the Coaches Poll,and the AP Poll. Another 1/3 goes to the 6 "computer generated polls" that are ran by Anderson & Hester, Richard Billingsley, Colley Matrix, Kenneth Massey, Jeff Sagarin, and Peter Wolfe.

I do agree that the BCS is slightly better,though. :)

Nov 30, 2000
Yea, being an Auburn fan I was worried pretty much that entire game. Since we can't be in the NC I am going to pull for the Sooners. Ahh, the Sugar Bowl isn't too bad I guess. War Eagle!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
The top 8 teams in December. That's 3 games, and they'd be home for Christmas. No more whining. Why can't they incorporate the bowl games into something like that?

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
The Boston Globe says AP is pulling out of the BCS.

Things are going to get interesting. :yeehaw:

AP pulls out of BCS
The removal of AP poll from formula will take place starting next year
By Mark Blaudschun, Globe Staff | December 21, 2004

The Associated Press pulled its football poll from being used by the Bowl Championship Series to select the teams for the national title game and the three other BCS bowls.

Kevin Weiberg, the commissioner of the Big 12 and coordinator of the BCS, said he has received a letter from the AP indicating it was concerned about the process and being a part of it.

"We respect the decision of the Associated Press to no longer have its poll included in the BCS standings,'' Weiberg said in a statement today. "Since the inception of the BCS, the AP poll has been part of our standings. We appreciate the cooperation we have received from the organization in providing rankings on a weekly basis. We will discuss alternatives to the Associated Press poll at the upcoming BCS meetings and plan to conclude our evaluation of the BCS standings formula, including any other possible changes by our April meeting.''

The move takes place starting next season.

The eight teams selected for the four major bowls -- Orange, Rose, Sugar, and Fiesta -- are picked by the BCS, which uses a combination of the AP poll (voted on by writers and broadcasters), the ESPN/USA Today poll (coaches) and several computer rankings. Each segment receives a one-third weighting in picking the teams.

Controversy arose this year when some voters in the AP poll moved Texas ahead of California in the final ballot. That move was enough (even though Cal stayed ahead, the margin was closer) to push Texas ahead in the BCS standings when the polls and computer rankings were combined. As a result, Texas is going to the Rose Bowl, while Cal ends up at the Holiday Bowl

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Who saw the USC vs UCLA game? Even though the Bruins were outplayed (could not run at all) they DID win that game! The damn ref blew the whistle after the fumble that would've given the Bruins 6 not to mention taking away a trojan fieldgoal. They were robbed.

HOWEVER, USC is still a far better team than the Bruins. The Sooners are gonna have their hands full. There is no stopping Reggie Bush! :nener:

twoofeach

Dec 15, 2004
I definately think OU and Auburn need to be playing each other......that would settle the arguement for second place!

They should just give the championship trophies solely to USC now and end this charade. Both the oversized plaque and that "crystal football" that looks like something taken out of my mom's china cabinet.

I do like Cadillac Williams. Hey, how could you not like an RB named Cadillac?

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
twoofeach said:
I do like Cadillac Williams. Hey, how could you not like an RB named Cadillac?

Cadillac is a cool name for a running back,but IMO it doesn't beat the name of the 4th string QB at Tennessee..........Jim Bob Cooter. :yikes:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Y'all are simply lucky you don't have to play Louisville! ((cough)...#1 ranked offense in nation)

twoofeach

Dec 15, 2004
Okiewan said:
Yes it would and leaves USC in 3rd, which is STILL too high in the list.

Well, I guess I left that back door open. :bang:

Seriously, I am a big college football fan and have to admit that it's great to see Auburn, OU and USC on top. That said, Auburn has nobody but their dismal record from last year to blame for them finishing out of the top two spots. They simply started the season giving up too much ground to the other two teams. There was never a question. Starting out, if the teams ahead of you win out, you don't have a chance. It's hard to leap frog other teams from BCS conferences.

IF you want to talk about travesties, see Cal. Texas Tech? Try that one on.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Jaybird said:
Y'all are simply lucky you don't have to play Louisville! ((cough)...#1 ranked offense in nation)

i've got boise picked in the upset there.

Top Bottom