For all the Colorado and USC fans....

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
SC has 30 points by now against either team.
Really? SC is gonna be spanked BAD by OU.

Auburn just showed themselves.. they just got by # 9 ... 3 fg's (inside the ONE and kicked?) and ONE TD. 13-16... THAT was NO NC performance. Bye-Bye... SEC, later.. maybe next year.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Okiewan said:
Auburn just showed themselves..THAT was NO NC performance.

what amazed me is that the espn analysts pretty much said that too. i was shocked. of course most of their recent proclamations have been shot down since the bowls started.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
mkellycole said:
:yeehaw: USC will be the National Champions. Look at the Auburn game. It's 9-0 Auburn late in the 3rd Qtr. SC has 30 points by now against either team.

if you are taking sc and giving 30 points, i'll take that bet-name the amount. i owe about 27k on my mortgage. it would be nice to pay it off early.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Okiewan said:
Really? SC is gonna be spanked BAD by OU.

Auburn just showed themselves.. they just got by # 9 ... 3 fg's (inside the ONE and kicked?) and ONE TD. 13-16... THAT was NO NC performance. Bye-Bye... SEC, later.. maybe next year.

I agree that they needed to blowout VT, or atleast hang 20 + points on them, since USC scored 24 against VT.

I know its not quite the same scenario, but didn't Oklahoma "show themselves" last year in the Big12 Championship game against Kansas St.? That sure wasn't a NC performance,but they still got their shot at it.

Im still pulling for OU to beat USC. :cool:

OU 34 USC 17

Gig 'em :)

Last edited:

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
mkellycole said:
SC has 30 points by now against either team. No respect for SoCal!!!

Then why didn't USC roll up 30 by the end of the 3rd quarter against Virginia Tech when they played this year ?

Last edited:

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
BEEF706 said:
I dunno about whining, did you see the whuppin TN put on A&M? Didn't A&M give OK a scare? Auburn beat TN and my Beloved UGA dogs in a perfect season, I still say the SEC is the toughest day to day every year but it's all speculation unless we let the kid's play it out on the field. :bang:

Texas A&M was the slowest team we played all year,and thats including Vanderbilt.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I know its not quite the same scenario, but didn't Oklahoma "show themselves" last year in the Big12 Championship game against Kansas St.? That sure wasn't a NC performance,but they still got their shot at it.
Yes, they did and they didn't win the title...

If there was "a shot" to be had for Auburn, it was last night. They had the opportunity to impress the AP who is DYING for an excuse to give them part of the NC. IMHO, they fell way short.

mkellycole

Jan 2, 2005
Gettin' close! So we're all sitin here with our laptops watching ESPN College Gameday. If I had a $27K Mortgage I'd bet it too. This is So Cal. That's a house payment! Good Luck OU and you and you and you!

twoofeach

Dec 15, 2004
mkellycole said:
Gettin' close! So we're all sitin here with our laptops watching ESPN College Gameday. If I had a $27K Mortgage I'd bet it too. This is So Cal. That's a house payment! Good Luck OU and you and you and you!

$27K is the closing costs! :laugh:

It'll be a boring game. USC is gonna roll. They'll have both of those trophies in the case by the end of the week. OU, thanks for showing up and bringing your strength of schedule. A sound beating will leave the pollsters no choice but a unanimous national championship. Auburn, what was that? You were on onsides kick away from disaster. I never thought I'd see the day when an SEC team runs the table and does not win a share of the national championship. Your loss, my gain.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Oh man, most of all I want to see the two best teams in the country at their best. If one team beats the tar out of the other so be it but I sure hate to see a big game decided by a team self destructing. OU better make a stop here.

Top Bottom