For all the Colorado and USC fans....

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I've been waiting for this day for the past twelve months when SC was left out of the big game and had to settle for a co-championship. This one is more meaningful, and it had to be a blowout to shut the Auburn fans up. Too bad they couldn't play each other and settle it. Y'all didn't believe it that they were really this good didja? Sooners fans shouldn't feel bad----SC has done the same thing to other great teams all year.
Okie, you've eaten your crow gracefully; more than I can say for those in total denial that USC had a gameplan that caused a good team to self-destruct.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
it looks like white just can't play in the big game. i wonder if he will even be drafted?

Jason? He didn't give-up all those touchdowns by himself... that was a total team failure. A BIG one. Not sure he would have gone high in the draft even with a win though?

Pretty shocking really, I don't think anyone saw that game coming, although I'm sure plenty will come out of the woodwork and say they did.

I've discoverd that crow is easier to swallow with a little mustard. :laugh:

Oh and mkellycole .. nothing better than a gracious winner, lol.

Last edited:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Okiewan said:
Jason? He didn't give-up all those touchdowns by himself... that was a total team failure. A BIG one. Not sure he would have gone high in the draft even with a win though?

Pretty shocking really, I don't think anyone saw that game coming, although I'm sure plenty will come out of the woodwork and say they did.

I've discoverd that crow is easier to swallow with a little mustard. :laugh:

Sure didn't anticipate this, although Oklahoma has had developed a tiny history of going "Sybil" in the big game. Didn't think this would be the result though. Oh and Adrian is still a stud, just getting started BTW.

As far as mkelly, dude needs something to crow about, after ALL the rest of his teams from west coast got punked (particularly CAL whiched got PUNKED in all caps TECH style)...just seems odd that he needed the equivilant of a whole page of one line jabs to sleep last night :think:

Me...I'm just glad the Big12 had a decent showing this year (last night excluded) and hopefully KState and KU (yes KU is making huge noise...scared Oklahoma and Texas bad this year, beat Kstate) give us Kansas folk something to cheer about next year.

All in all, this was one of the better bowl seasons I've seen in a while. Congrats USC

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Whupped! I was waiting 2 weeks to watch that game. I go over to MWR at midnight and there's no sattelite signal! That sucks. Guess I'll have to read about it ... like everything else. USC has great D so I figured they'd hold their own, but that score is just ridiculous. I wonder if O.J was watching?
BTW, how'd Reggie Bush do?

Anyway, I'm saying Steelers all the way. I became a believer after the shellacing they gave the Eagles.

18 & a wake up!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
CPT Jack said:
Anyway, I'm saying Steelers all the way. I became a believer after the shellacing they gave the Eagles.

18 & a wake up!

Yeah, I should dig out all of my old Steelers stuff from the 70's...heck I even have a Steelers mini helmet lamp that I used to read my Mean Joe Greene sports biography to. Nice to see the Steelers go 15-1, but that group of guys from the Steel Curtain days...they will be hard to match, heck most of them should be in the Hall of Fame. Running game, passing, recievers, DEFENSE...they were a well rounded team for sure

Sorry for hijacking the thread

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Okiewan said:
Going in to the OB I was a little worried that the Sooners wouldn't show up and considered a close loss a rel possibility, just didn't expect AT ALL the spanking they received. Not bitter, just dissapointed.

I hear you on that, I honestly thought they would roll in that game, very suprised at the outcome.

twoofeach

Dec 15, 2004
Okiewan said:

I don't think White would have gone high regardless of his showing.

Regardless of the outcome, OU still has an outstanding coach and program. Maybe that's what made the victory so sweet. I still feel that 1 played 2. Everyone complains about the BCS and it isn't without reason but if you look at the old system, USC would have played Michigan? Auburn would have played someone in the Sugar and OU would have played someone in the Orange. We would have ended up with possibly three undefeated teams...quite honestly a USC victory over Michigan would not have been that impressive. :think:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
twoofeach said:
. . . if you look at the old system, USC would have played Michigan? Auburn would have played someone in the Sugar and OU would have played someone in the Orange. We would have ended up with possibly three undefeated teams...quite honestly a USC victory over Michigan would not have been that impressive. :think:
call me a traditionalist, but I'd rather have seen those matchups. The Rose Bowl means nothing anymore. I would imagine the Sugar, Orange, and Cotton bowls mean less to the local yokels around there as well.

The Rose should always be Pac 10 vs. Big 10. To heck with the "National Championship", it doesn't really do anything other than pad the wallets of the coaches, since the players aren't supposed to be getting paid . . . right? :think: :rotfl:

twoofeach

Dec 15, 2004
XRpredator said:
call me a traditionalist, but I'd rather have seen those matchups. The Rose Bowl means nothing anymore. I would imagine the Sugar, Orange, and Cotton bowls mean less to the local yokels around there as well.

The Rose should always be Pac 10 vs. Big 10. To heck with the "National Championship", it doesn't really do anything other than pad the wallets of the coaches, since the players aren't supposed to be getting paid . . . right? :think: :rotfl:

So, you think a Big Blue vs. USC game would have been a better matchup? OU vs. say Utah and Auburn vs. Cal/Texas? I think the #1 team should play in their respective region regardless of the bowl rotation. OU and USC in Florida? When was the last time a Rose Bowl meant anything? UCLA? I guess if they hadn't have lost to Miami.

mkellycole

Jan 2, 2005

I can't tell if this is a sarcastic remark or you mean it. Iwas taking a beating from the OK boys all day. I was trying to be gentle. OU should have been a much better match up. USC caught a lot of breaks and played well. Matt Lionardt played a good game. A couple of key plays lost the game butOU was mentally out of it which was the biggest failure after the half. Good luck next year. it will be a little tougher against SC with rebuiling at OU and all. See ya out there on the trails.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Okiewan said:
I think they should have to play in a neutral location, to avoid stuff like LSU in the Super Dome (Sugar) last year.

Still bitter about that? Was kind of a perfect storm for LSU. Maybe 3rd times a charm..............keep hope alive.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
OU had better find somebody to play on both the offensive and defensive lines. they were getting it handed to them every play. kinda reminds me of the dallas cowboys. poor white/peterson had no time to do anything. on the defensive side, the OU secondary was forced to cover way too long. give a smart quarterback time and there is always someone open. OU was blitzing and that still wasnt working. both lines for usc should of been named most valuable players. usc "made" plays and ou did not.

the other bowl games i watched were pretty awesome. the orange was a let down.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I didn't know they were losing that many..........probably won't matter anyway, this new "committee" system they're taking about using sounds a little scary. Some of these schools that have been spurned the previous few years could now have the opportunity to buy their way in.....do I seem skeptical??? I'm all for a committee as long as it consists of Keith Jackson, end of list.

Top Bottom