I am undecided........

Turbo, where do you live. I just priced a 01' 200,220 at my local shop in NC. And everything I could have got it for about 4200, for the 220R. Done some shopping and found my almost brand new 00' for 3300.

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

Fleshwound,

I live in far north cali. like it says under my name. :)

Jon Chapman
Turbo

------------------
'81 KE 125 faster than your......oh wait never mind it isnt,

Hey KDX TURBO,i had a 99 kdx220 with a fmf rev pipe,bored the carb from 33mm to 36mm and jet as per specs in kdx only site,boyesen reeds,pulled the air box lid,stiffer fork springs,renthal bars,bark busters and michelin S-12s f&r tires with heavy tubes.With these minor mods the bike was very competitive,its nice stock but do the rev pipe and bored carb and it breaths much better for major snap increase with zero reliability affects.All that said i sold my kdx for a 00'exc300,no regrets,major gain in power with friendly delivery,superior suspesion,great handling[not as fast turning in tight bush].In my opinion, on a budget,get a 220 and do the mods above and you will love it for race or play.If you've got a little more cash to play with ride a exc200,iv'e heard there fantastic bikes,i know a lot of people won't want to hear this but Iv'e owned about fifteen diffrent mx/xc bikes[all brands]in the past twenty yrs and dollar for dollar ktm is a better value in parts, quality of manufacture and inovative design.This explains ktms recent increase in sales, btw im not a ktm rep,just an impressed customer. MY TWO CENTS, PETE.

yes if money is no object the 300 exc is the bike!, plenty of power, linkless suspention,"less bearings to wear out", and just about the same weight, as a KDX, but you have to look at the $ factor, ive gone over this a bunch of times in my own head, sure id like to have a 300exc, and yes i could swing the price tag, but thats only the begining though, just maintenance parts are even expensive for this bike, heck the ngk plug is 14 bucks!, so its kinda comparing green apples to oranges, sure if you got money to burn or your a very serious off road racer the KTM may be your best choice but for most people here on this fourm the KDX makes sence, with just a few mods we get almost the proformance of your KTM ,with reliability thats unbeatable, and reasonably priced repair parts, im looking at the big picture, and yes someday ill buy a KTM 300exc but for now im just KDX'en and i havent regreted anything about this green bike!

All the bikes mentioned can be set up for plenty of power in the tight stuff. To me the real question is who handles the best. I have a very modified 220 that puts out a ton of power, but when you compare handling to the KTM 200 to me there is no contest. The KTM feels much more nimble in the woods. It has better ergonomics (for me anyway), suspension and out of the box is still faster than my KDX. If you can afford the difference in price the KTM is a better bike.
Being newer to riding though the extra money is probably not gona pay off that much. The KDX is light years ahead of what you have now and will be a blast for you to ride.

Off in left field a little bit, you could consider a KX 125 with the 144 big bore kit. My friend has one and it screams on top with good bottom end response. It weighs next to nothing. Out in the woods you can slap this thing around like the school slut on prom night.

Just my two cents

LawManNv

Sponsoring Member
Hi guys,

I own a '00 KDX200 with Fredette fork springs and a FMF torque pipe. It is a great bike considering the price. Mine was $4050 out the door. This week I also picked up a '01 WR250F. Both bikes are really close in power output. The WR's suspension is light years better than the KDX though. I feel as though I can go faster with less effort on the WR. The KDX might have a little more bottom power. It really comes down to price. I like my WR more than my KDX but it was $6200 out the door. That $2150 difference can go a long way toward mods or whatever. Dollar for dollar you can't do better.

LawManNv

------------------
'01 WR250F
'00 KDX200 (For Sale)

LawmanNV,

How much for your KDX 200?

Jon Chapman
Turbo

------------------

LawManNv

Sponsoring Member
KDX_Turbo,

I am going to try to get what I still owe out of it so you probably could find a better deal. I owe about $3200 still. The bike is '00 KDX200 with a FMF pipe, Renthals, hand guards, moose skid plate, rear disk guard, and Fredette fork springs. It is in very good condition and has about half the tread on the origonal rear tire. Let me know if you are still interested.

LawManNv

ps - Is Shingletown off of or near highway 44?

------------------
'01 WR250F
'00 KDX200 (For Sale)

well it is actually right on 44, I am about 4 hours from Reno. Not many people live around here, it is cool. I can go outside start up my bike and just ride off, I don't have to take my bike to any special place to ride or anything.
How did you know anything about Shingletown?!?!? that is odd!

Jon Chapman
Turbo

LawManNv

Sponsoring Member
I used to live near Susanville and went to school in Redding so I spent a lot of time traveling between the two. I knew I recognized the name from somewhere.

LawManNv

------------------
'01 WR250F
'00 KDX200 (For Sale)

What school? I graduated out of Foothill last year.
and just to make this post about Dirtbikes...
Why are you selling your KDX?

Jon Chapman
Turbo

------------------