Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
HG, you could try CycleTrader.com and get a comparitive price range. Just do a search for your bike.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Here in Texas, I think that Kelly's and NADA typically overstate the value of KTMs (and most other dirt bikes). The actual value is between NADA's low retail and average retail. But KTMs do hold their value pretty well, though they are a bit harder to sell than the rice burners, naturally--market is more limited.

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
I just put my '01 400 SX up for sale but haven't had any action on it so far. I'm not real suprised, up here the bike business pretty much dies from no 'till early spring.

Mine's real clean and been maintained perfectly.
Asking $5275.00, don't know if that's a good price or not????

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
As a rule the SXs are quite a bit tougher to sell than EXCs. I had no troubles selling my 400EXC for $5500 US. In fact, I had 2 guys offering to leave a deposit if the original buyer didnt take it. Most of the guys who race MX feel that they HAVE to have the most current bikes available, regardless of their ability. Most enduro/HS guys dont mind riding a bike that is a couple of years old. Up here in Canada, the 01 Enduro Champ is riding a 2 yr old YZ 250. You dont see too many MXers riding 2 yr old bikes in comparison.

Top Bottom