ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
LOL my girlfriend works in the ER at Union. They are too busy treating people coming down off meth then to deal with actual hurt people.
Anyways, hope all is well Indy.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
, need a rhyme for fiberglass?

Wrap your ass in fiberglass. :whoa: Oops, never mind, :ohmy: that's a Corvette thing. :nod:

Wishing for a speedy recovery Indy.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well, I had surgery, went well.

They plated & screwed.

I'm at Methodist in Indy, wasn't interested in the hospitals out that way.

Yes Bob, the infield double. Thought I had enough speed, but obviously didn't.

Oh well, I'm off the bike for a while. According to the docs, the break was pretty nasty, and would require at least 6 weeks of no walking on it.

I'm still working on getting pics, but they seem not too interested in giving them up.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
To all..

I just wanted to express my deepest thanks for all of the well wishes.

Things are progressing, and I'll be home soon. ;)

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
Hey look at the bright side, you get a 6 week vacation with the wife and kids getting everything for you! haha Hope you feel better soon. I know how hard it is to be sitting on the couch just when it starts getting nice out.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, no wife & kids..

probably a bit longer than 6 weeks in my case. They tell me that it might be 6 weeks before I can put weight on my leg. Then I can learn to walk on it again.

Not fun!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Oh yeah, how cool is this. The hospital I'm in has public Wifi.

When I was here back in 06 going thru Cancer treatments, they didn't. This is making the stay here almost bearable.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Hey man, good to hear the patch job went well. Could be worse, you coulda broke both legs and be in a wheel chair for 2 months of the summer. That would be super crappy. At least you can hobble around the track with the camera.

The hospital we had the baby in had Wifi, but you hd to pay 10 dollars a day or something crazy like that, too rich for my blood.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Wifi? Valet parking! Where is the money, insurance companies and hospitals. Union got worse in the last 10 years? That is one lousy ride home from down there, and broken. A plastic trophy would have made it worth it? Good to hear you made it through! I asked the xray techs to cut me a cd, it worked most of the time. I thought I accessed my xray file online once also. How long is the hospital going to hold you hostage?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well, I got home yesterday. Glad to be out of there, but the hospital does have it's advantages. Namely 24 hour nurses!

But here at home I don't have to wake up every 3 hours to have my vitals taken, have blood drawn every morning at 4 am and have to listen to people coming in and out of my room at all hours.

It would be nice to have someone handy to bring me **** all the time, but so far it's not been too bad.

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
Wow they have wifi to hospital.
I went to hospital for my last and only accident and if i kept there 1 more day ill get crazy.
With wifi it would have been nice for the week i was there, they also did wake me up the night etc, i remember there was the guard talking all the night i was soo pissed, i couldnt sleep even with sleeping pills.

the last time was to remove the plate in my leg from the previous accident, there was a girl same age as me as roommate(2 per room here) so i didnt care or notice anything else but her. :P.. this made my recovery fast and painless.

I wish you a good recovery.
Home sweet home :).

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
pre xray

Pre- Xray

Im hoping it wasnt this bad Indy..

Attachments

• tib.JPG
    tib.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Nice work Shaw. Gary, did you ride home busted up, or stop and get emergency treatment? Sunday I will be around Indy picking up some new to me junk dirt bikes. Going to be home?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Nice work Shaw. Gary, did you ride home busted up, or stop and get emergency treatment? Sunday I will be around Indy picking up some new to me junk dirt bikes. Going to be home?

Went from Casey straight to the hospital in Indy. I thought about getting some emergency treatment, but the ER here frowns on you showing up loaded.

Yeah, I'll be home.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Indy said:
I thought about getting some emergency treatment, but the ER here frowns on you showing up loaded.
:rotfl: I bet the urgency of care for the intoxicated dirt biker with the broken leg would have been a bit less than you got, lol.

Bob, what are ya gettin'?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
_JOE_ said:
:rotfl: I bet the urgency of care for the intoxicated dirt biker with the broken leg would have been a bit less than you got, lol.

Bob, what are ya gettin'?

It should be noted that I didn't show up at the hospital all geared up. For all they know, I could have fallen down a set of stairs or something like that. ;)

Yeah, what're yo gettin Bob?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
_JOE_ said:
So now that you can't ride you gonna strip the bike down and get it all spiffed?

Already have my 125 stripped.. Thing is, I can't really do much right now.

Not sure when I'll be able to work on them much.

My leg hurts so much, going out to the garage just doesn't sound like fun..

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, it'll be a minute for sure. After a couple weeks you'll be stir crazy. Take your rollie computer chair out to the garage.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I start out rather crazy as it is.. So.. going stir crazy is just slightly different from my normal state.

The problem isn't being in the garage, as much as it is getting to the garage.

Just getting to the bathroom is a challenge..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom