IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
We're looking at possibly having the big iron come out next weekend.

Cat D4G.

If it works out, we'll have all the heavy lifting on the MX track done then.

After that it'll just be cutting the flat track in... Can't wait.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Are you going for the pirate look Gary? Peg leg and an eye patch? No bird? No, not at me! A parrot on your shoulder, get a plastic bag for your back, they never show their backs?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
IndyMX said:
We're looking at possibly having the big iron come out next weekend.

Cat D4G.

If it works out, we'll have all the heavy lifting on the MX track done then.

After that it'll just be cutting the flat track in... Can't wait.

now THAT will get your spirits up, not that they're down! Nothing like machinery moving earth to get the blood pumping!hahaha. :boss: do I smell a fall ride at your track?haha.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
SVTMc-G said:
now THAT will get your spirits up, not that they're down! Nothing like machinery moving earth to get the blood pumping!hahaha. :boss: do I smell a fall ride at your track?haha.

Oh it's in the works alright.. Sometime late October.. Not sure yet on the exact dates, but very likely the 24th & 25th..

Might even be a hog roast and bon fire.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
IndyMX said:
Oh it's in the works alright.. Sometime late October.. Not sure yet on the exact dates, but very likely the 24th & 25th..

Might even be a hog roast and bon fire.

I will be sure to keep that open!!! Let me know when it's set in stone so I can keep my band from booking it.hahaha. I feel bad I haven't been up to help! darn job!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
IndyMX said:
Looks like the "Big Iron" is falling thru.

Anyone have D4G they're not using this weekend?
My rig is a bit smaller, 40HP with 6-way blade. Cost a bunch of dollars to haul from Oklahoma.:(

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
BSWIFT said:
My rig is a bit smaller, 40HP with 6-way blade. Cost a bunch of dollars to haul from Oklahoma.:(

Yeah.. that and it would take a little longer to get here than would be useful.

:(

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The guy I knows dozer is probably as old as your tractor, but, in perfect running order, and on a trailer. Man would my wife be pissed, driving it down with the Blazer, it would kill it or me at the pumps! Call the pig, bikes and the band, and ride it in, el-natural?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
These are pretty big stumps.

I really need a dozer.

I'm kind of in a situation.. I don't have the resources I need to get it done, and my dad is really starting to have doubts that we will get it done.

I can rent a dozer from Sunbelt Rentals for a week for about 1350. We just don't have that laying around..

If I can get some folks to help us out with it, we'll be good to go and will certainly open our place to those that can help us out.

Anyway, just throwing that out there.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Man do I know that song. Renting or hiring a dozer is a major expense. I finally found a well-used dozer to buy. Payments were not bad and I can use it when I need it. I plan to sell it in the next year or two to someone that just needs some stuff done on the farm.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I want to do just that.. but I don't want to buy a piece and be stuck with it, and not use it.

I'd rather buy a smallish loader or bobcat, and rent the crap we'll only need occasionally.

Hopefully I can get a few local people to commit to helping us with some donations, so I can show my dad that this thing can happen.. Maybe then he might be more willing to put a little bit more in. Right now, he's tapped.. He has put in a butt load and
just can't squeeze any more out. But.. you know how it goes, when you see commitment from others, you find what you need to make it happen.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, good luck man! We all know you're due for some by now.....

I wish you were closer, my brother in law is an excavator and I know a couple farmers with some "vintage" dozers. I just need the land..........

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If they are under 3 feet in diameter, they can be gotten out by hand, chain, stihl, sawsall{wtf,I am a plumber}shovel and truck. A cat is a cat though? I doubt a track driven bobcat could do any better, or a really big backhoe? 3' is huge, the tree huggers catch wind of this, oh boy! How many? More than 20? Now, does Gary have a thousand friends to pitch in a buck a piece? The ten friends and 100 a piece would put me in the garage, but this time of year IS doable, and I have a ton of work! I wish I could remember what Dirtworks charged FMX to fix their track, 1350 would be cheap!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well, I just spoke to my dad.. And without dragging all the drama onto here, forget the request..

It's done, not gonna happen, the place can rot as far as I'm concerned.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The best thing that I remember about all the work required in making practice tracks by hand, was it is a very good work out, and not the end of days. Yeah I am a LOT older now also, but I know some young guys! Hope the air gets better down there, I'd still like to ride it!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom