Dec 20, 2000
:mad:

i don't get it...........i was there last night, and either mcgrath got alot slower, or everyone stepped it up about 10 clicks. i am not bashing him, it was just wierd to see him get lapped.

that was one of the wierdest nights of racing i have ever seen. ecspecially the 125 main.

this may sound wierd, and i never thought id say this, but, my money is on LaRocco. he was haulin last night

has anyone heard anything on why he was goin so slow?

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
that whole race surprised me; carmicheal faceplanting, mcgrath getting lapped, and pastrana's bike problems. geez, this was a surprising start to the new season to say the least.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
The 125 Class

is gonna have the best racing this year. Gosselaar was pretty impressive. I remember his first outdoor race a couple of years ago. He got the hloeshot and then went straight off the track at the first or second turn. :)

Sucks that he nailed the back of Thain. He prolly would have won even after the bobble. I noticed that Thain rode up and crashed into him after the finish. ABC didn't seem to think that was camera-worthy for some reason.

I've been hyping Ping all summer. I really thought he would be a contender. Sellards was right with him, so he's not too far off the mark.

Bubba is REAL. He may win it all his first year.

Any word on the severity of RC's injuries? His upper lip had a pretty gruesome cut on it. He may have a concussion.

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
Wow, who is going to win the season now? MC better say to him self now is my chance, LaRocket was faster than RC? and boy are those aluminum framed Hondas forgiving. David V? Pastrana? same old thing "I'm dizzy I'm dizzy" MC has 8 points RC has 1. La rocket 22 Lusk 16. I think every one of the top 5 riders besides MC&RC is going to say I can do it It's going to be very close.
It will be a very good season this year.;)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Gotta be armpump. He looked like he was loafin' it, & that ain't MC.
Maybe that "quality" Yamaha gave up some of the ghost.;)

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I just watched the race on TV. That was definately the weirdest race ive ever seen. Im itching to find out what will happen with Carmichael. Will he be back for the next race? I want to see him and Mcgrath go at it. Its good to see Mike Laracco out front again, it would be cool if he were to win some races this year. Same with Pastrana, whats up with him? This is gonna be a weird season.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Who want to bet MC either doesnt finish the year or retires at the end of it.
Thats a good bet....

The THOR commercial was hillarious though.

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
That was definitly a suprising start to this season! The 125 west season ought to be very interesting and I can't wait to see what happens in San Diego with MC and RC. BTW, when did MC sign with Thor? That was a bit of a suprise, doesn't he own, or at least have a partnership in No Fear? Oh well, looks like another exciting season is under way.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
yeah 380, that was a great commercial now that you mention it.

that final lap in the 125's was crazy. even after that bobble, gosselar would've beaten thain if he would've gone over a different line cause he was flying through those whoops. i saw that "crash" at the end of the race too, ABC showed it for a split second and cut away from it and didn't even mention anything about it.

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
Has LaRocket ever been that fast from the start. He usually picks up the pace towards the end. I would have to say that he would have passed Ricky if he hadn't gone down. He was riding flawlessly.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Re: The 125 Class

Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
Gosselaar was pretty impressive

The best job of running over someone all night. I cannot believe the idiot did that. He was a little to hyper to get the pass.

MC will be back. He won't end a career like that. I know he wasn't up to speed but there has to be a reason.

Larocco definetly showed he is up to the challenge.

Villumen will not be able to maintain his level of performance.

I was told by a guy that knows and rides with lots of pros, that Carmicheal would crash over and over on the Honda. Even worse than he did on the Kawi's.:think

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
I don't think RC's wild riding style will work on the Honda. It doesnt seem to be as forgiving as the KX was. Aluminum vs. Chromoly ? I don't know. Just an uneducated observation.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Did anyone notice a guy named Stewart? :eek:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The kid will be good before it's done. I hope Pastrana can get it together. Wasn't he suppose to be the next great. Maybe too much FMX??

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
The 125 class was cool. That Steward kid is gonna kick some serious butt.

Why do you guys talk about everyone but him? He is by far the fastest guy out there. He is just a little young or maybe he was just excited tonite.

When he settles in he will win in it all!

My money is on him for the season and the next few if he can stay healthy!

The kid who was leading and then crashed... I think he ran into the Yamaha rider on purpose. He went straight for him. If it was me I would have done more than run into him after the race. Accidents happen no problem, but IMO that was borderline deliberant. Looked like a punk kid who got frustrated.

As far as Mc Grath. He won't quit. At least I hope he doesn't. Anyone can have a bad day.

He might retire at the end of the season. He is an amazing champion. Even when I did not ride (not that I really do now) I used to keep up with him.

Pastrana, he needs a little time on the 250. It is also hard to go from ruling the 125 class and being the phenom to just a contender maybe in the 250 class.

He will either get his head right, or IMO he will focus more on freestyle as there will be a lot of money to be made there and he is pretty tough to beat. he might keep racing the 250 but not really "hang it out".

BUT THAT STEWART KID IS A BAD A S S!! He beat himself today! No one else could of!

Sincerely,

Kingriz1

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Re: The 125 Class

Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
Bubba is REAL. He may win it all his first year.

Gosselaar took his line to the left of Thain. Thain slowed and moved over on him. Gosselaar was going so much faster than Thain that he had nowhere to go. Thain was to blame for that one.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
But isn't it kinda like skiing, The slower rider has the right away?? I mean to a point a guy doesn't know who's coming up on him, he can;'t be blamed for getting RUN OVER. I mean that's kinda what Lorin did to me at the night time poker run.....uh, I forgot you weren't suppose to know about that JP.;) :p

xrsforever

Nov 2, 2000
McGrath has been getting terrible starts. It is hard to finish first from last. Carmichael is still the best 250 SX/MX rider in the world. He will be # 1 by years end.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by justql
But isn't it kinda like skiing, The slower rider has the right away?? I mean to a point a guy doesn't know who's coming up on him, he can;'t be blamed for getting RUN OVER. I mean that's kinda what Lorin did to me at the night time poker run.....uh, I forgot you weren't suppose to know about that JP.;) :p

LOL! I sold the KDX cuz it kept pulling to the left. Now I know why. You really should get Lorin a headlight or some eyeglasses or something. And maybe a shawl and some hot tea to ward off those colds.

Seriously, ABC actually showed the incident from a different angle and Thain moved waaaay over. It would have been tight if Thain had kept his line, but he bobbled and went left. Goss had nowhere to go. I'm still impressed by the level of his improvement over the last couple of years.

Moo

Jul 23, 2001
An interesting opener to say the least! I saw Thain run into the other guy after the race, and while I know I would be mad, I don't think it's really sportsmanlike. I agree with Pleaser. I don't think the guy was trying to run him over, he had the far outside line, and Thain veered a little, leaving him with no place to go. RC's crash was scary...:( And I don't know what happened to McGrath.

Last edited:
Top Bottom