BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It is approaching that time of year again. Justql says that we are welcome as usual. I'm fairly certain that the trails have seen nothing but deer and armadillos since last year so the usual prep would need to be done. Post your input and we'll see what we can do.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
this place is awesome. you guys will love it. someone (bswift) should dig up some old threads about this ride.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I think a few guys could just ride it a few times and get it back in order. Like last year I should be able to bring a spare bike.

For those who have not been, it's a great area of private land. Justin's family is really nice and has allowed us to join thier family's holiday retreat. I can't wait.....

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm game for the Farm as usual. I'm going to MOAB on the 10th and will be back the 16th. It usually only takes a day to clear the face slappers and mark a couple of areas. Now that we are getting some rain, I would think a work day in the next few weeks would be doable.
For those of you that have not been to the Farm, it is NE of Glenco, OK. Not directly accessable from highway 412 but close to the highway 18 exit for Pawnee. Zerotact can fill you in on how to find the sobriety check points(repeatedly).;) We have started the Memorial Day weekend on Friday evening setting up, a quick ride, and eating. Saturday we eat, ride, eat, ride, eat ride, well, you get the picture. The terrain is not spectacular but the trails are challenging and the MX track is good for some brief air and a good laugh.
Zerotact has offered to make a trip down for trail trimming but will be likely limited to a Sunday. We have a couple of months to set everything up and I'm sure we can have a great reunion, initiate some new members and make some new memories.

Last edited:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Sounds good to me. Have loppers, will travel.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm sure the little bikes TTR125's have been on most of the easier trails. The "real men" trails are a little grown up I'm sure. Most of the guys don't ride like these sections as the usually make mxers cry for mommy and hare scramblers wine about low speed. :laugh:

Iniation will be as usual, One lap through to show the way. Second lap you lead, I follow :boss: :p

toyotadad

Feb 10, 2006
I can see you all are a blood thirsty bunch. I have a plan to introduce you all to a ridin buddy by the name of okieguy. He said, (or I think I can get him to say) that he will take on this initiation thing for the both of us. I am sure he will see this, so I just want to say thanks ahead of time.

Seriously, my whole family loves this stuff. Mama and the 2 girls ride 4-wheelers and the boy is a beginner trail rider. Is this the kind of deal they are welcome to be a part of? From what I understand, we show up Friday night or Saturday and ride & eat until we go to sleep. Sunday we do some more riding and then head for the house. Is that close? Thx
Bob

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
yep, also bring your camping, fishing, picnicing gear, etc. this place is like a park on the lake, except private.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll likely stay till Monday afternoon. Usually just make one or two loops on Monday then relax, pack up, clean up and head home with smile on my face.
(not to mention the aches and pains from being old and slow)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i sure would like to see a grass track this year. hint, hint. since i suck (even more) on trails now that my ankle doesn't work anymore.

i hope to have my nine year-old daughter on a new bike by then.

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
I'd love to try to make it. I'm scheduled for jaw surgery on May 9th. If the docs will let me ride, I'll come.

Hell I might just come and BS anyway.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Eat, BS, ride....that's pretty much the rank of importance at these meets.
(Except for Swift, he's a BS, ride and eat guy! We've got to get a few more sammiches in him.)
If you can eat and BS, you got most of it covered!

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I'm frothing at the mouth...
I sold the ATK, and bought a 525SX, I also sold the KDX and bought a ktm 200XC..... So no working on bikes for me... Hopefully being a holiday weekend, I don't have to work fri night...

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
Haha, I dunno about the eating part. I'm having my jaw broken and reset, and I think at that point I'll still be eating through a straw.

Anyone gonna have a blender there? :)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Looking through all the old post and looking at the pics makes me sad :( Looking at Craigs photos then all his enduro pics brings back a ton a memories. If all rides were like this I'd still be doing it every weekend.

A few simple rules.

1) Helmets. All the time, no exceptions.
2)Use sense with alcohol. It is allowed but this is a family place, lots of kids watching.
3) Follow arrows and watch Danger x's. There are afew places the trail crosses farm roads. Go slow on roads.
4) Keep bikes away from cabins and pavilion, non riding family mermbers get peaved easily. Don't roost in and out of camp,it stirs up alot of dust.
5) Two little old ladies are in charge(two sisters, that own the place) what they say goes.

This ride has been big some years not so big others, we won't have big top or BBQ this year. I also will not have time to prep/rebuild mx track. Sorry, but I doubt I make the two + hour drive before that weekend to do any prep.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Justin, your job is to not worry about things, relax and ride your motorcycle. You have been much too responsible this year. Cut it out!

Top Bottom