justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Seeing as how it's about a month away I thought I'd start a thread about it. I'll arrive Friday evening and stay until Monday evening.

I've got about a third of the trails trimmed up perfectly. I'll finish trimming and arrow them in the coming weeks. Hopefully will have 2 short new sections done and some older trails reopened. I also plan on adding two bridges if time allows.

MX track is getting an addition. I've already cut the trees and will begin stump removal and dirt moving shortly. I plan on moving one jump and adding a landing jump on the straight away jump that you flat land. I'll have all the jumps refaced as well.

I should be able to get over to the new place and layout a grass track too. The place has never haad a bike on it. So I'll mow a fifteen foot wide track. It has a fair amount of elevation change. 160 acres mostly open there.

Food?? We'll have one good meal atleast. Maybe on Sunday? The others might be a little simplier.

Big top?? Probably not. Depends on time.

Any thing else I missed??

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I should be available for a work day in the next couple of weeks.&nbsp; I'm going to Winfield tomorrow.&nbsp; I'll drop by your office if I get done in time.&nbsp; What do we want to do on the big meal?&nbsp; I suggest that we all make a donation for the meal.&nbsp; Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.&nbsp; My Dad is planning on coming up again and maybe my brother.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
can we plan the big meal for sunday? kendall will be running the final round of the state championships saturday at ponca city. we'll just head directly to the farm afterward but it might be late. i can't do any serious riding but i can still do some serious eating. :confused:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
they've moved our race to sunday so that messes everything up for us. we'll plan on being there saturday, then sunday nite after the race, and monday.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by srellis
Is this open for anyone?

as a duly elected officer of the heartland spodes chapter of drn, i have the authority to extend invitations. consider yourself and your family invited. it's near glencoe, ok, stillwater area.

okay justin? ;)

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by mx547

okay justin? ;)

I sent a PM.&nbsp; As President, the invitation provided above is upheld. :aj:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by VioletSP
what are the dates of memorial day weekend???

OK college student. :silly: Saturday is the 24th. Sunday is the 25th. Monday (Memorial Day) is the 26th. This information is readily available on a thing called a calender. :)
I intend to be there as much as possible, but that falls on a weekend that I work and we always have tournaments that weekend. But, its only 30 minutes from my house. :thumb: What the hay I might as well throw in dancin banana man. :yeehaw:

Last edited:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Srellis- CCConsider yourself invited. It's near Glencoe OK. Nothing fancy, just good friends, fun riding, trails, gentle MX, nothing organized just fun.

Where in Kansas are you from?

Violetspode- You don't have to take that from Dwreck.........he's just pickin on you cause your a woman......he'd never talk to you that way if you were a man.................he's a woman hater. :eek: The only thing he hates worse than woman is a yamaha rider. :confused: Go ahead put him in his place........ :laugh:

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
We live near Johnson, KS which is about 30 miles North of Oklahoma and 20 miles East of Colorado. Our family has been to Anadarko and Sooner State Cycle park so we aren't afraid of a little drive.

My husband farms so we may have to play it by ear as to whether or not we can make it. But I'm sure we would have a great time and we'll see when the time gets closer!!

PS. Should I leave my Yamaha at home? It's a pretty wimpy TTR but I promise I won't beat too many of the boys!!!!

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
LOL, bring the yamaha, Violetspode rides a TTR, as well as my oldest son. Theres a good mix of riders that'll be there. Most guys there ride woods and MX. Being from out west you probably don't ride a lot of woods. We have a 6 mile loop of some good quality enduro style trails. The MX track is pretty simple. no big jumps, small track. Mainly it's just a fun safe place. Private area, lots of kids riding so everyone is careful and looks out for them.

Come on out if you can. We'll postv directions as tinme gets closer.

Does anyone have any pics of the place??

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Click on the Heartland Spodes Link in my signature line.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
No woods out here, but my 8 year old has been taken down a time or two by 2 ft tall tumbleweeds!!! :laugh:

He thought he could ride faster than they could tumble.... He's getting better but those weeds are pretty ruthless to 65's

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Guaranteed good time.&nbsp; Even if it is muddy. :scream:

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
hey. hey. hey.

none of that now. I would just like to announce that this is finals week. I am not responsible for any information outside of the following:
american government
quantitative methods of psychology
social psychology
spanish composition
spanish literature.

now raise your hand if you see common sense on that list... me neither.

and Rudy doesn't like you much either Big D. :-P'

Hope you get to come down srellis- you, mom and i can think of something mean to do to the woman/yamaha hater (dwreck) with our shiny bikes. :-)
hehehehe

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Not trying to change the subject or anything, but last time I spoke to OKKX'er he was without internet. Cox said his computer has open ports caused by a Trojan horse and has shut him down until he gets it taken care of. I'll let you guys make the jokes about what web sites Don and Casey have been visiting. Justin, I'm planning my revenge!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I will be there, may even bring along the lad as well. looks like my brother Neal (DoubleTrouble) will be down for the Sunday night !

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
I'm back. The problem was Kazaa. The tech didn't understand so I have no chance of understanding. Kazaa was no trouble for a year or so. We got a lot of songs, so all in all it was positive, but it's gone now.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by OKKX'er
I'm back. The problem was Kazaa.

OK........I waited and no one else has asked...........what is "Kazza"? :think:

I ask Kazaa I don't know whatta it is.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks Anna. ;) I kinda thought it was something like that.........
You'll either be real happy with me or mad one of the two. I built a bridge over the little creek you dumped your bike in. (I think it was the same creek)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by justql
(I think it was the same creek)

Isn't it all the same creek?

Top Bottom