Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Sounds like you all had fun. Tigger got her braces on Saturday and I had a tooth surgically removed, bad day for dental hygiene at the Gilbert household. After a number of Advil the two of us headed to Whitney our annual Memorial Day Weekend, the farm was just too far for us since we would have gotten such a late start. We pulled in to Lake Whitney MX during the afternoon moto's and set up camp. Both of us had planned on racing the Iron Man moto on Monday and even Tigger was up for giving it a try this year till we found out they were running the coarse backward. She began to not feel well later in the evening so it was more Advil for her and a nap. I geared up for practice, a one hour practice at that.

The track was in about as perfect shape as I've ever seen it but had a whoop section through a corner that took it's toll on just about everyone including the pro's. After several laps I found that I couldn't go anymore and was thinking about not doing the Iron Man the next day. After a 10-minute rest I took to the track to finish my hour and was completely exhausted. A nice shower and a daddy-pop later I was thinking I'd be okay for Monday's race. Woke up about 5am to the sound of pouring rain. Up at 7am and started loading up, they had called the race. By 8:30 we were home and looking for breakfast. Now bedtime can't come soon enough, both my shoulders have knots from the whoops and it's time for more Advil.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I rode so much I'm t00 sore to type, more later! :thumb: :aj:

:moon:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Wow, what a weekend. From the trail trimming to my last meal on Sunday evening I enjoyed myself. Couldn't ask for nicer temperatures and we were one quick Saturday morning rainstorm away from absolutely perfect conditions. But how often do you get to ride trails, MX, and grass track all in the same weekend? Justin and Brian's work on the MX track paid off and with a little prep work and a few puddles to go around I had a blast riding some of the best soil Oklahoma has to offer. As always I enjoyed seeing the usual gang and many thanks to the Lockwood family for their hospitality, food and meal prep. Butch thanks for the salads and veggies. Justin, seeing the Gasser run like a charm made missing a loop on Friday all worth while. Till next time. :moon: 3XL

Top Bottom