25Cameron25

Jul 15, 2008
ok thanks. well here..this time hopefully my final time is my projected purchases. Wiseco 4852M07800 13.5:1 piston, Hot Cams Valve Shim Kit, Honda Service Manual, Feeler Gauge, and a Case of 12 Amsoil (just threw that in there). How does that sound?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
That sounds good Cameron. :cool:

The Wiseco 13.5:1 piston is an excellent choice. It will give you good snap off of the bottom and they are a very durable piston. Later, when you save up a little more money you could get a Hot cam or a stock '08 cam. Both cams will give you excellent horsepower and torque. You could try contacting LA Sleeve direct at 1-800-822-6005 for the piston kit.

Foxforks. The pro-lite piston I believe is from the Niks Pro-X series which is a division of LA sleeve

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Make sur you get gaskets as well. You will need at least a base, head and exhaust gasket. You should replace all the crush gaskets on the drain/check bolts and the cam chain tensioner gasket/washer. Also an hour meter would be a good addition to your list. I run V-Power in mine with no issues at this time, other than some carbon buildup.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Me thinks that's the replacement for the 08 stock piston. It runs a compression ratio between previous stock units and the 13.5:1 Wiseco option. I think I'd go with the higher compression. If I had a good supplier of race fuel I might look into the 14.? ratio you had mentioned speaking with Mr. Gorr about.

25Cameron25

Jul 15, 2008
I ordered everything yesterday. Sadly lots of it had to be backordered. I ordered the Wiseco 13.5:1 High Compression Piston Kit from Dennis Kirk (backordered), I ordered the Hot Cams Valve Shim Kit and Service Manual (also backordered) from Motosport, and a Preferred Customer Membership to Amsoil, 7 quarts of the 10W-40 Motorcyle Oil, and a Twin Air Air Filter. By the way I thought this was cool...since I am a Preferred Customer on Amsoil and they sell TwinAir and NGK I get 25% off all those products also. Hence the air filter. Thanks for everybody's help but I will probably need a little more when I try to put it together.

25Cameron25

Jul 15, 2008
Well now that im waiting for everything I have realized what I have forgot. I forgot to buy a radiator fluid. And by the way is it hard to replace the radiator fluid because in the owners manual it says to take to a Honda Dealer but it does say its in the Service Manual...so is it hard or did they just not want to explain? And will any jetting changes be necessary? Thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
25Cameron25 said:
Well now that im waiting for everything I have realized what I have forgot. I forgot to buy a radiator fluid. And by the way is it hard to replace the radiator fluid because in the owners manual it says to take to a Honda Dealer but it does say its in the Service Manual...so is it hard or did they just not want to explain? And will any jetting changes be necessary? Thanks

Drain it and refill.. Nothing too tough there.

For the summer months, just use straight water with Redline Water Wetter added. You can get the Redline at most any good auto parts store. Use distilled water.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Backordered, watch your language! Yuck! I would imagine any Honda dealer has a manual for that bike. You know who has bunches of pistons. Joe, ask Eric about the Firepower, http://www.precisionautoresearch.com/Fuel.pdf, Call Dr. Redszus, tell him what you created and what you want, he will set you up.

Lol, been there done that. Have you ever had fuel shipped? It's crazy expensive. Would have cost well over 100 bucks for five gallons shipped to me. I guess I should have said if I had a local supplier. I would have to drive 45 minutes for C12. Only other stuff around here is car fuel. I'm happy with the way it runs on pump with the 13.5:1.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Oh, and the higher compression shouldn't effect the jetting. At least no more than weather. I'm always tuning mine so I can't honestly say if it made a difference.

Top Bottom