A-Bomb95

Oct 7, 2010
I've only had one dirtbike so far, a honda crf100f, and 4- strokes rock, so i know for sure that my next bike will be a 4 stroke. The problem is, im too small for a 230f and the prefect bike for me would be a 150r B, but those are rarely on craigslist and when they are they are no less than $2000, which is expected for a race bike. My question is, does anyone know where i can get a cheaper 150r B or any other 4 stroke that is about the same size and is a 4- stroke. I know this thread doesn't EXACTLY fit the forum title, but what u gonna do? :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You have sort of boxed yourself in, so I guess the question is what are YOU going to do?

nls2299

Aug 20, 2010
Sounds like he's looking for something like I am looking for, for my son.
Are the 150R's pretty fussy? I've heard the maintenance can be overwhelming?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you are looking for the low maintenance needs of a XR/CRF-R and the chassis of a CRF-R your going to have to build it. Exactly what I did for myself because nobody builds that bike from the factory.

The 150R needs more love than a trail bike because it's a race bike (duh!). The factory won't build them because the market isn't really there, most folks think they "need" a race bike and they are happy to sell them one. Plus would you really be willing to pay almost full 150R pricing for one? Most people would rather feel like a racer. Of course what is fussy? If you expect it to be an oil & gas only ride a 150R will be a disappointment when it gets some hours on it. Same holds true for most and CR/RM/YZ/KX/SX 85/100 as well. My neighbor's kid used to have an old beater XR80 that was handed down from older siblings. Ran when he wanted to ride but wasn't as cool as it needed to be. So they picked up a new 150R. It was great until the valves needed adjusted, then the top end... then the bottom end... I think it's either sitting in the garage not running or was sold off.

Funny thing is back when I was a kid you either graduated up to a XR75 or a YZ/RM80 race bike and we all happened to adapt to them and live to tell the tail.

Top Bottom