xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
I will be crossing over to MX from trail riding in the near future, and the choice between 125 smoke and 250F is really racking my brain here. Basically, I am looking at either a used (but in good shape!) YZ125 or a new CRF250R. Now, I am not currently an aggresive rider, and my fundamentals suck - this leads me to think that the YZ125 would be better suited for me, as the needs of the bike should push me towards being more aggresive and concentrating on my riding style and cornering.

However, everyone says the 250F's are way easier to ride. . . what do you think?

killerbeez 75

Oct 26, 2004
I personally think that the 125 will make you a more aggressive rider just for the fact that you have to really be on the pipe(ring the things neck) to be going as fast as every one else.Yes the 4strokes are easier to ride just because of the power delivery is so much smoother and you don't have to worry about pre-mixing the gas but also there is a considerable weight difference between the two.The 125 is way lighter and more flickable.Im a 2stroke fan so I would go for the 125. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom