Langf

Sep 25, 2002
Ive bought some aluminium polish to polish my frame for my CR, the thing is the instructions say that it is not suitable to use on anodised aluminium. Will i be able to use it? What harm might it do?
Cheers

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Yep, Anodized aluminium is what is done to the fork tubes and shocks (and other items) for wear and/or decoration. The frame is not anodized. IMO polishing is a great waste of time though, a scotch brite finish is much easier to maintain, looks great, and makes the bike go just as fast ;) Spend your time on routine maintenance instead.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
I use Nevr-Dull for my frame. I don't usually buff out to a mirror shine, but I get it looking good. It helps to take out the boot marks and rub marks from your pants (or the ground too I guess haha) and only takes about 15 minutes or so. It's worth it.

Cr250r07

Jun 21, 2010
Polisming the frame doesnt make it go faster, but it sure makes it look great! and the occasional complement sure makes you feel good
I polish my cr250r frame every 2 weeks when I get the spare cash ill get new plastics to go with my sweet polished frame.

Top Bottom