So, Bubba using Traction Control, or not?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
dirt bike dave said:
You spelled his name wrong on purpose. You would never intentionally spell another rider's name wrong. HATER!!!!

:p

You don't want to know what's going on in my life tonight.. My mind isn't totally focused..

It's been a "crappy" afternoon.. :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
This thread is entertaining if nothing else :)

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
After a bit of deep thought ( while on the payrole of course) I have a new idea as to a rear wheel sensor, Yamaha have a very sofisticated electronic slipper clutch on there road racers. I don't know the rules well enough to say it's legal or not, but it is not ABS or traction control and it would only show while riding as easier (more cosistent) to back into turns or possibly allow competitive rear braking without using the pedal. A destinct advantage into right handers. If anyone who saw the race ( not telivised in NZ yet) noticed him as faster into turns and especially right handers let us know.
I neither love nor hate any rider in particular, but I do respect speed and talent

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
Chili said:
Since you're a confirmed tool I'll help you out, the word you're trying to use is bigot.

Google: Bigget

You will see one race says Bigot, another race says Bigget. Both will be listed and one will be correct. :|

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
SMMWest said:
Google: Bigget

You will see one race says Bigot, another race says Bigget. Both will be listed and one will be correct. :|

Evidently, "another" race can't spell.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Running a traction control device is perfectly legal, and so is the data sensors for practice. Running the sensors in a race being illegal boggles my mind, just like finger and name calling. But, there was a day,,, and I still work on it every day!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
WOW!!!
Seriously, SMMWest??? :coocoo:

We can't have a discussion about motorcycle technology, it's application in SX, and other enthusiast's opinions, without it being regarded as ******?

I personally would imagine that you, my friend, have a very firm grip on that tool that you are. :rotfl:

I am still in disbelief! :yikes:

So, when it came to light that Yoshimura Suzuki had indeed been racing with TC on Mat Mladin's & Ben Spies Suzuki's GSXR's in AMA Pro Superbike, (without any wheel speed sensors,) what form of prejudice was the motivating force then, I might ask?

(******; 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.)

Please note: I have nothing but love for anything that involves the words "race, races, or racing!" :uh: ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
So I Googled Bigget and got this:

Bigget:
Could be used to define fat midgets; tall people who share phsyical similarites with midgets.

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
SpDyKen said:
WOW!!!
Seriously, SMMWest??? :coocoo:
So, when it came to light that Yoshimura Suzuki had indeed been racing with TC on Mat Mladin's & Ben Spies Suzuki's GSXR's in AMA Pro Superbike, (without any wheel speed sensors,) what form of prejudice was the motivating force then, I might ask?

Exactly they "WERE" cheating. James "Bubba" Stewart is being falsely accused.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
SMMWest said:
James "Bubba" Stewart is being falsely accused.
Facts, please, to support your statement.

(Do you work for Larry Brooks? You would have to to know this for certain, IMHO.)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Feel free to show me where James was accused of cheating. Post race interview starts at 2:50

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ySSSXDDGSw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ySSSXDDGSw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Jeremy Albrecht is the main guy pointing the finger at Bubba.

Albrecht was Bubba's mechanic for many years.

If Albrecht is such a ******, how did he manage to wrench for JBS for like a decade?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I dislike Stewart. Not as much as I dislike the Ultimate Warrior and Ralph Sheheen bromantic interest Chad Reed. And definitely not as much as I despise Ricky Carmichael. Yes, with his wee beady eyes, green hat, and buckle shoes . . . I'm an anti-leprechaunist. The jury is still out on Dungey, who seems like a decent enough fellow, but if he starts the excuses like Mangina Reed about why he's losing I'll have to put him in the dislike column.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
XRpredator said:
I dislike Stewart. Not as much as I dislike the Ultimate Warrior and Ralph Sheheen bromantic interest Chad Reed. And definitely not as much as I despise Ricky Carmichael. Yes, with his wee beady eyes, green hat, and buckle shoes . . . I'm an anti-leprechaunist. The jury is still out on Dungey, who seems like a decent enough fellow, but if he starts the excuses like Mangina Reed about why he's losing I'll have to put him in the dislike column.

Who do you like Pred? Besides Twinny...

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
SMMWest as in the past is nothing but a troll trying to stir up people and has now resorted to using race as his bait. I admit I am prejudiced against Trolls (regardless of color) that get so fixated on their crusade they refuse to see the light around them.
I will be watching to see if the device is still attached this weekend and if it suddenly disappears my opinion is that it was illegal or skating the edge close enough that they don't want to risk it being tested.
Does it really make a big difference as to where JBS finishes- I doubt it but the data retrieved could really make a major change in mapping and tire choice.
Will Stewart ever pass RC as the GOAT? Not in my mind and not because he is black but because he never capitalized on the chance and beat RC for an outright championship. Is he as fast as RC? Probably faster but it doesn't do him much good when he is laying on the ground (or his couch at home recovering from an injury)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
oldguy said:
Will Stewart ever pass RC as the GOAT?

That ship has already sailed. As fast as Stewart is, there is no way he will ever pass RC's accomplishments.

Let's go to the scoreboard:

RC's first 9 seasons as a Pro: 15 major AMA chamionships
JBS's first 9 seasons as a Pro: 4 major AMA championships

Seasons winning both the AMA MX & SX Title:
RC: 5
JBS: 0

2005 & 2006, when they raced head to head:
RC: 2 x SX and 2 x MX titles.
JBS: No titles

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Dave for the sake of clarity there was no wheel sensor on the bike for the race this week either they just ran it in practice and that is when Albrecht made his comments even though they used the conversation during the races. At A1 they left the GPS setup on the bike which has the potential to be illegal if they changed anything on the fly, the setup was removed when concern was raised. I do not believe they cheated or ever intended to cheat nor were they accused of it but simply asked about the setup.

Here's a bit more insider info from Matthes http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/01/18/traction-control-the-slippery-slope

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Chili said:

Good link, Chili.

Interesting stuff about the use of GPS by San Manuel at Anaheim.

The article says is was removed after Brooks had a talk with the AMA's Keven Crowther. The article, however, conspicuously does not say when this talk took place and when the illegal equipment was removed. Was it after the main, after qualifying, after a heat, or before qualifying?

All we know is sometime at Anaheim, the AMA asked Team San Manuel to remove sensors and GPS equipment.

I also find it interesting that the article acknowledges GPS and sensors COULD be used to receive real time data and make remote adjustments to the bike. However, everyone is expected to accept it as fact that Team San Manuel only used the devices to datalog for downloading later. Okaaaaayyyyy.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom