craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
VioletSP and I met at the 500 this morning. Was worried about the previous 2 days worth of rain affecting the trails. Not....
There were numerous puddles, but they all had bottoms, and the trail in between was superb. We followed a cross-country trail that had recently been run, did a total of 15 miles.
There were a couple of other groups of riders that we passed and chatted with on the trail. Was a great day, missed the rest of the Hearland Spodes.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teambork/files/Stillwater9-15-02.WMV

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Motox757 and a buddy went to the 500 late in the day. You guys must have already gone. Glad you got some riding in.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Yeah, we took off late in the day for the “500”. We had some bike maintenance to do and I had to work a few hours on Sunday morning. Here is my ride report…

On the spur of the moment we decided to go to the “500” by Stillwater this past Sunday (09/15/02). This Stillwater Park is only about 4 miles from Cooperland (this site of this years DW’02) as the crow flies. We were going to go ride below the dam at Keystone Lake due to all rain we had on Saturday, but we changed our minds and took off to the “500”. Before we made the decision to go to the “500”, I had left my cell number with bswift (who lives close to Keystone Lake) and a message to call me if he could get away from the DW’02 shower construction project he was working on this past Sunday to ride below the dam. Well, we were about 5 miles out of Drumright on Highway 33 heading towards the “500” when I received a phone call from bswift. I had already pulled over to the side because my tail pipe section had just broke lose (it did this before about 6 months ago, the guy at the muffler shop must have not welded it properly or somthin’). I was in the process of taking off the tail pipe when bswift rang in. As it turns out, he did want to go riding below the dam, but we had already made our decision to go the “500”. He was telling us that it would be sloppy on the trails at the “500”. But we were determined. He said to have fun and that he would see us at the next round of the Thunder Series at Ascot park.

As it turns out, bswift was right in that there was plenty of water on the trail in the “whoop holes”. You could get around the water easily enough for about half of the holes, the other half was a “wheelie-and-hope-it-wasn’t-too-deep” maneuver. There were about 7 other riders on the red trail when we were taking a loop. They would stop and watch us go by, then we would stop and watch them go by. The second time they stopped was right before a big section of water holes (as wide as the trail which was about 12 feet in this particular section and about 300 feet long). We surmised that they stopped to watch us. We disappointed them I think because neither of us took a dive! HAHAHA! We took our time and rode around the holes.

Yes, the trails at the “500” were sloppy, but the dirt between the holes was AWESOME! No dust at all, great traction and perfect temperatures! We rode one red loop and then played on the MX tracks by the parking area. The trails were rutted out from the OCCRA race that was held a few weeks past. All in all, it was a good riding day. On the way home we washed our bikes at a carwash in Cushing. This carwash had the most pressure I have ever seen! It is in the middle of town and is built with brick veneer and is on the North side of Highway 33.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I couldn't get the video to load craig.

yep moto- that wide section with water hole is where I fell last time I road there. Made Craigs day I think.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Just, Violet said she had to join the group, 'team bork'. The 'balding, overweight riders klub'.
She doesn't fit any of the criteria, but had no problems getting in.....

LOL, your fall reminded me of the old 'Laugh-in' sketch with the guy on the tricycle that falls over....

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
dont worry Justql its just video of me falling over and stalling alot. dad's got quite a knack for catching me at my most brilliant moments. :think:

the trails were a ton of fun except that the 500 has grown some new hills that I was not expecting (must have been a Death Drop of Doom family reunion). luckily I've got an awesome dad who happens to be an expert at picking up bikes even when they are lodged between trees AND pointed the wrong direction AND in the middle of a vertical hill slope AND covered in man-eating iguanas.

okay maybe the iguanas were a bit of an exaggeration but the rest is true.
i swear! :p

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by VioletSP
covered in man-eating iguanas.

Geez, Violet!! Your last ride report talked about all those GROSS spiders!! LOL!

Note to self..."never ride with VioletSP, she tends to find a lot of really gross creepy things in the woods.."

Other note to self...."Ride with VioletSP, stock up on Halloween supplies at same time"

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
The things I find in the woods are all a matter of perspective-
For me the glass is neither half full nor half empty- It's got something foreign floating in it. :eek:

good idea GET! i could make it a halloween tour and charge $5 a pop!

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Next thing VioletSpode will be complaining about the guys that she sleeps with on rides. :think: Let me rephrase that........she'll be complaining about the guys sleeping in the Back of the trailer while she is in the front WITH HER PARENTS.
Learn to adjust and be adaptable Violet. I remember a ride in Texas where I forgot to take one of the protective sheets off of the goggles. Couldn't see worth a hoot for the first few miles till I stopped and took a closer look at my goggles. :confused: I also remember a guy I know that actually fastened padding around his ribs so he could ride a race with broken ribs. YOU MUST TRIUMPH AND BEAT THE ELEMENTS. Thats what this game of woods riding is all about. If you want perfect conditions ride mx. (oh boy just wait till mx547 reads this)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
If you want perfect conditions ride mx. (oh boy just wait till mx547 reads this)

No problem, I whole-heartedly agree. That's why i ride mx 99.9% of the time.

I have absolutely nothing to prove.

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
*punches the boxing bag repeatedly while muttering* adjustibility...adaptability....triumph...adjustibility...adaptability....triumph....
can get some Rocky music over here?

I'd hardly conisder sharing a riding space no wider than my dorm room with 20-30 other riders who've turned their brains off and the throttle full on the "perfect" riding conditions.

Last edited:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by VioletSP

I'd hardly conisder sharing a riding space no wider than my dorm room with 20-30 other riders who've turned their brains off and the throttle full on the "perfect" riding conditions.

The best description ever of MX. ;)

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
being the child of my father i can't remember. i think dad and mom are coming up tuesday and saturday at least.

i was gonna come and grub at dinner times seeing as how i just live like 20 minutes away and 20 minutes is definately worth it to escape eating campus food.
depends on whether or not i want to jepordize my parking spot. :silly:

Top Bottom