ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Stillwater, and that general area, temps seem to be cooling off nicely about mid-week.

Sweet!!! :)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I think I saw a low of 37 for one of the days in the next week. That could get interesting in a tent. The highs look perfect, and the fifty something lows will be great for sleeping.

No real chance of rain in the next week. Will it be as dry as last year? Two years ago it rained alot, we got so tired of standing around under the easy ups that we went out a rode in the rain anyway. My Wal-mart rain gear did the job and it was alot of fun. And, once the rain stopped the conditions were perfect a day or so later.

Last year, I wonder when the last rain was, prior to DW? The track was great because he waters it, the trails were so dusty that I stayed away for most of the week. DougRoost finally convinced me to go out for a woods run, and it was a blast, you just had to keep a gap in between so you could see.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:aj:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Hey YZ, are you anywhere near Taos? I hear the weather is nice there. Threre are a couple of guys from there that have come to DW the last couple of years, talked to "KSP" ken last week and it sounds like they can't make it this time. :|

So, judging from your avatar you are into jumps and freestyle tricks? Your gonna love the track at dirtweek if you haven't ever seen it. Long with lots of different jumps.

Last edited:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Motometal is clearly trying to hijack my weather thread!!!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Last year it hadn't rained in a long time before Dirt Week. It was about as bad as it can get dust wise on the trails. We just got 1.2 inches Friday night. (9-30) They are showing temps in the upper 80's until Wednesday. Then a 40% chance of rain Thursday and lows in the 50's and highs in the 70's until Sunday. The problem with Oklahoma is a lot of the rain we get is either a sprinkle or a full on turd floater which would cause problems with the track considering it runs through the creek. Cross your fingers and lets hope for the best.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I am gonna make anyone using the r word run a lap around the track sans motorcycle if it rssss.

Stop it!!!

It is going to be beautiful, alway is in Perfect! :cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I'm about three hours south of Taos MotoMetal. And the weather there is great! ;) But I'd love to meet some people from up there so I could figure out where to ride near there. I am looking forward to perfect conditions in Cooperland, It should be a great time. See ya there! YZ165

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
motometal said:
So, judging from your avatar you are into jumps and freestyle tricks? Your gonna love the track at dirtweek if you haven't ever seen it. Long with lots of different jumps.

That avatar is misleading, I'm actually only getting 3 feet of air there! :yikes:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Psst Dave.. I think he was referring to YZ165's ramps :p

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:rotfl:Mine is misleading as well, I'm the one on the roof of the truck. :laugh:

Here's a bigger version.
18a9.jpg

Last edited:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Okiewan said:
Psst Dave.. I think he was referring to YZ165's ramps :p

I thought I would return the hijacking! Plus I was able to get in a Napoleon Dynamite comment. Just warming up for DW! :nener:

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
pssst! drn goers dont let a little rain stop them. We just dig trenches around our tents, send out the atvs to blow out the low places on the track and ride.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Let's not worry about posting that stuff, no matter what, it will be a great week as always.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Considering the weather forcasters get it wrong almost as often as they get it right I wouldn't be worried. Also compared to the dust bowl of last year a moisture would be quite welcome! The year before some folks peeled out Wednesday or Thursday because it was very moist and by Friday everything was perfect.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Seeing that if you don't like the weather, wait and hour.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Looks as though the weather may well be perfect!!!

Cool during the day and at night too. Great riding and sleeping weather! Good thing it wasn't a week or two ago. Damn the heat!

Top Bottom