KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Change of plans - looks like the boys and I will not be there. I hope everyone has a great time.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
KTM Mike said:
Change of plans - looks like the boys and I will not be there. I hope everyone has a great time.

BAH...crippled and alone again! Well I'm still planning on being there to drive the gas truck or cook some food, or whatever I can help with...and of course meeting everyone. Lets hope we can stay dry! (there were some sweet thunderstorms in the TC area tonight, complete with purple lightning!)

See everyone Saturday! And I'll be doing trail maintenance with the Grand Traverse Snowmobile Council on Sunday too...anyone else double dipping?

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Cori, we are planning on being there Friday night, if you like you are welcome to stay with us.. sorry Energizer Bunny is planning on keeping Shelby. So, no one to snuggle with. :(

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hey All,
Just a FYI for everyone planning on attending Trailfest this coming week-end at LMC. We are currently in the process of putting in a new septic system for the Clubgrounds. There is quite a bit of equipment and PVC pipe scattered around and a LARGE pile of stone near the starting line. :bang: I know this is bad timing for the event, but we are trying to get as much done as we can before the white stuff comes down :yikes: The club is asking that everyone PLEASE be careful when you arrive and park, and also when riding around on quads, pit bikes, etc. also please stay off of the LARGE PILE of stone, I know it will be tempting for the kids to play on. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. :cool: I look foward to seeing everyone this week-end!!!

DAVE LEATHERS.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
D.LEATHERS said:
There is quite a bit of equipment and PVC pipe scattered around and a LARGE pile of stone near the starting line.

DAVE LEATHERS.
Excellent idea!! An endurocross course to practice on! :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I wish I had known this before last night as I was there practicing my hill climbing on rock pile techniques. I didn't do very well so I just decided to play spread the gravel........sorry Dave. :p

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
bruno670 said:
Cori, we are planning on being there Friday night, if you like you are welcome to stay with us.. sorry Energizer Bunny is planning on keeping Shelby. So, no one to snuggle with. :(

Thanks Bruno! If my brother isn't coming up Friday I might take you up on that! I'll keep you posted. Do I need to pack ear plugs (for snoring monsters)? ;)

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Lmc Clubgrounds

SGJ_Johansen said:
Dave,

Is my corner blocked off or can I get the camper in????

Brian

Brian,
As of last SUNDAY when Linda & I headed for home that corner is blocked. There is a LARGE PILE of stone off to the left of the starting line,and to the left of that is a large pile of LOGS in the vicinity of your corner lot and Mike Maurer's site.
I know that they were going to be working on the septic system this week, and as of last Sun. about 1/4 of the stone and pipes were laid down in the field. I would suggest calling Jeff Hunt and have him contact his uncle Louie who is heading the project and see where they are at at the end of the week. I know that Mike Maurer is going to be laying out trail on Friday, maybe he can give you a heads-up on the situation before you head up. I hope this helps. See-Ya at Jackpine!!!!

Dave Leathers.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I will check with Jeff. We may have to tap into the power and water on the other side of the starting line or further down from the corner. I know some campers have been closed for the Winter, but the water will be on until Sunday.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Bring on the Freddy Burgers ....the grill is ready! :cool:

Don

Attachments

• P1020308.JPG
    P1020308.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 202

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Nice work Don! :cool:

Wish I could be there for the maiden grill!

You guys better bring your winter clothes too!

Have fun!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
Bring on the Freddy Burgers ....the grill is ready! :cool:

Don

Holy crap Don that thing is beautiful, I can't wait to break it in. I have 150 1/2 pound burgers to grill for the weekend. A half pound burger, some Iott frys and a cold brew makes for some good eating!!! rain or shine. :nod:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Don did you build a matching step stool for Freddy so he can flip da burgers?..

THErickshaw

Oct 23, 2008
Ahhhh...TF time again!

I love the smell of 2smokes in the morning! Another fall season and time for the ultimate single track ride.

As the "officio" TF weatherman, the predictions include excellent hook up due to recent rains, partly cloudy with mixed sun, good day for lite gortex with a high of 52, and as always KTM domination :p

Please ride smart and post details & pix!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
D.LEATHERS said:
Nothin like settin the hook on that one DW!!! :laugh:

Dave L.

NEVER pizz off the cook until after your burger has been cooked. Ever watch the movie "Road Trip" ?? :p

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
The DW "Chrome Bling Wheel & Stool" kit was backorded. Maybe it will be in after we complete the testing.
Brian, I was at the clubgrounds last night and most of the mess in the corner is cleaned up an there is room to get your trailer in.
See everyone Sat.

Don

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
So how was it? Did you get rained out both Saturday and Sunday? Up this way, Saturday actually would of been a nice day for riding - cool, cloudy, but no rain. Today, this morning through oh, noon or so would of been decent to - then the hail and rain started off and on.

I need pics and tales of the ride - if I cant be riding now, at least I can hear about everyone else's ride!

Mike

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Mike it was great, we had a really good turn out if anyone stayed home because of the weather forecast they missed out. No rain and great food.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I rode Fri, Sat and Sunday and it was great all 3 days. We got some hail/rain for 10 minutes out on the trail Sunday but that was it. Like he said if you skipped it due to weather you blew it, it was awesome. Thanks to everyone that showed up, hope you all had a nice time.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Sounds like you guys had a great time.

It was not weather that kept me away - this ruptured disc is keeping me off the bike. The boys were going to go and I was going to tag along to run gas or what ever, but they changed their minds - not sure why. I was at least able to get the trailer winterized - hated to do that as that is admitting I wont be using it any more this year. Oh well.

So - where's the pics?

Top Bottom