bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
Great weather!
Challenging trail for me, I'm not a great mud rider. I can survive it, but not ride well in it.
I ended up on the ground a lot of times, I lost count how many.
The trail was better than I thought it would be considering the rain we have been getting. I thought everything was rideable, just very tough for me, and to put any speed with it too.
This event sure seperated the men from the boys.
Thanks to all who made this event happen.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
copy that, I hit the deck a ton and never got it going.

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
I had a great ride going until the 2nd to last section. I made a bad line choice through one of the water/mud sections and buried my bike to the seat and it took me 30 minutes to get it out. I can dead lift 600 lbs and I couldn't get that bike to move even a 1/4 inch. I finally had to find a 20 ft long tree, dig a hole to the rear wheel to wedge it under and put a log under the tree to lever it out. After 30 minutes of working at it I was spent. Then being already exhausted that big hill climb after that did me in. Took 4 times to get over it and I lost about 10 to 15 minutes there. Ended up 5 minutes outside my hour at the end. It was a blast though - I loved sliding around in the mud. I think I might have cracked my collar bone though. There was a large tree hidden to the left in the brush between two of the fields and I took a major hit to my upper chest and head that almost knocked me off the bike and rung my bell. I heard a couple others that had hit it too. Glad I have all winter to recover.

I too was expecting conditions to be much much worse. The club did a great job.

Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
Im still sore. I got a ton of practice refining my tuck on the way down to the ground technique... so I got that goin for me... which is nice!

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Year end results for SSB have Bill and Fred tied in points. Bill's name listed first, he win the tie breaker? Good season to both of you. :cool:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
Year end results for SSB have Bill and Fred tied in points. Bill's name listed first, he win the tie breaker? Good season to both of you. :cool:

Yes Bill won the tie breaker. The irony of my season. Tied for second in harescarmbles, lost the tie breaker. Tied for first in enduros-lost the tie breaker. Interesting season-won 7 of 9 head to head races with the guy that beat me in harescrambles yet lost the tie breaker. Won 4 of the 6 head to head battles in Enduro but lost the tie breaker. Left me frustrated. :think:

I've got all winter to get over it and twist it hard at the Sumter national.......... :ride:

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Fred,
I feel your pain! Lost out to third to someone whom hasn't beat me all year. Good job Miller, Leitzke, and Buxton. But points is points and he had a few more. It was a fun year! Already looking forward to next. See you all next weekend!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
Yes Bill won the tie breaker. The irony of my season. Tied for second in harescarmbles, lost the tie breaker. Tied for first in enduros-lost the tie breaker. Interesting season-won 7 of 9 head to head races with the guy that beat me in harescrambles yet lost the tie breaker. Won 4 of the 6 head to head battles in Enduro but lost the tie breaker. Left me frustrated. :think:

I've got all winter to get over it and twist it hard at the Sumter national.......... :ride:
Freddy you just dis the two guys that beat you.

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Freddy you just dis the two guys that beat you.

I am not dissing the guys, it is the tie breaker rules I am dissing. I have no hard feelings at all toward any of my fellow racers, but the results are out of our hands. I am friends with everyone I race with, we have fun. I am just frustrated DW. I did not achieve my goal.

You are correct-it was 6 of 9, not 7 of 9. I mis counted.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Fred - Unfortunately you are a victim primarily due to the way we award points in D14, not so much due to the tie breaker rules. Remember the Method A / Method B discussion from last year?

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=156604

In the way we award class points, it only reflects the relative position within class for each rider at each event... Which is only marginally incremental between placements. It does not account for relative speed / skill between riders like the Overall points do.

In B Overall you rank #19, whereas Fritz ranks #31. In considering ties, I think we should first look at the Overall ranking, and award the tie to the rider who ranks the highest. That would eliminate the situation we have now, and more accurately reflect who the top rider should be.

Last edited:

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
Rivard809 said:
Im still sore. I got a ton of practice refining my tuck on the way down to the ground technique... so I got that goin for me... which is nice!

It sounds like a lot of riders hit the ground more times than average.
Nice job for the year Grant! You put in some great scores.
I guess you get to kick my butt in B class next year.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Grant - That 200 of yours is a little girly bike, and I think it really held you back this year in reaching your full potential. My advice to you for 2010 is to step up to a real chest-thumping man's bike, like a 250, 300, or big bore 4stk. ;)

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
No offense Freddy; but, it's kinda cool that Fritz took the top spot seeing as he has yet to win a class championship. He has been working to improve his results going from 6th B Sen '07 to 3rd B Sen '08 and now 1st B SS '09. I think he even had major engine trouble midway through the season. It's a long and tough battle to win a class as competitive as SS B.

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
:nod: no offense salgeek but alot of oa's would have been different if you would have went to the A class when you were supposed to. I was always told you advanced at 100 points not 160!

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Good one Nick :blah: . I suspect I'm not the first, nor the only person in this situation. Thanks to SD and TD I learned recently the AMA can't add. I don't suppose you will be offering any "that-a-boys" for moving up even if it's not official?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
fatherandson said:
Sounds like SD has no intention of passing his current girly bike to his son.
Zach can have my girly bike and ride the B-200 class up until the point that he starts riding faster than me... :nod:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
salgeek said:
No offense Freddy; but, it's kinda cool that Fritz took the top spot seeing as he has yet to win a class championship. He has been working to improve his results going from 6th B Sen '07 to 3rd B Sen '08 and now 1st B SS '09. I think he even had major engine trouble midway through the season. It's a long and tough battle to win a class as competitive as SS B.

Yes, I am happy for Bill. He is a very nice guy. We enjoy the competition but at the end of the day it just all for fun.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
Zach can have my girly bike and ride the B-200 class up until the point that he starts riding faster than me... :nod:

Zach is one tough rider. Wasn't it like a 6+ hour day for him at TC. Wow - that is some serious desire to finish. Hat's off :cool:

I think he is gaining on you SD..

Top Bottom