What type of fuels does everyone use?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Trex, its not about hp, its about throttle response. If you are running a high compression engine, or suffering detonation, you need race fuel. Every mx bike sold, needs at least good premium gas. Other wise, you are pissing money away, thinking you are getting hp gains across the board, black hole. Now what kind of kinky toy is the apparatus? Enlighten, please?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Why ruin bacon with chocolate? If you're gonna coat it with something pepper is better.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Trex, its not about hp, its about throttle response. If you are running a high compression engine, or suffering detonation, you need race fuel. Every mx bike sold, needs at least good premium gas. Other wise, you are pissing money away, thinking you are getting hp gains across the board, black hole. Now what kind of kinky toy is the apparatus? Enlighten, please?
Trust me I understand tuning.And one of the things I tell people before we run on the dyno is performance is more than peak numbers.My bikes rip.Far better than I am a rider but it's there when I turn up the loud switch.

The kinky "toy" is a state of the art sound insulated, 6000CFM fresh air fed, dyno cell equipped with a DynoJet 250i.Off in the left corner you can't see is a five gas analyzer.Screw tuning by an O2 sensor I use CO.
I no longer work there but through not burning bridges when I left I can book time on that one and two similar dynos when I need time.Sign the waiver and make some noise.

And Patman at least when I'm done "pretend riding" I can pull it off the dyno and roost.It's a tool just like a screwdriver.I have street legal 350 that makes 70 HP on VP MR8. :ride: Try and tune that by the seat of your pants.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Its a street bike, minor adjustments while you ride are questionable? Dyno yes, still kinky. Like any tool, how its applied is everything. MX and most any other form of off road bike racing, the dyno is about as functional as a flow bench. You can have some great numbers, and the slowest bike to the first corner. Perfect. Even my wet dream of having a whole mess of sensors and sending real time to a computer, information for the suspension and engine no less. For what, piles and piles of information equates to exactly what on the track? Now I will go and change over 90 percent of the big picture, the nut holding the handlebars together(rider)? The mystique of off road riding, or why did that kid on a 65 just pass me up on my 500? And I still like ps3 better than xbox Pat!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
TRexRacing said:
It's a tool just like a screwdriver.I have street legal 350 that makes 70 HP on VP MR8. :ride: Try and tune that by the seat of your pants.
I have lots of screwdrivers, heck I have a giant roll around, a big job site box and a bunch of other stuff hanging on the walls, so what? I don't use a 20# sledge hammer to hang a picture on the wall. I also have a XR250 that the engine has been shall we say tweaked by Rich, it's a dirt bike so what? Again it's the right tool for the job at hand and nothing more. Sure I could have a built to the max beast of a 450 based bike but that's not what is needed for the job. Sometimes thinking you need more is a bigger problem than having less but knowing what to do with it.

Of course all bacon MUST be peppered, heavily. DUH! :)

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
TRexRacing said:
I have street legal 350 that makes 70 HP on VP MR8. :ride: Try and tune that by the seat of your pants.
well, not want to get in the discusson, ask that to rich or eric... if one of them reply that is not possible, then ...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
helio lucas said:
well, not want to get in the discusson, ask that to rich or eric... if one of them reply that is not possible, then ...

70 hp from an RZ350 two-stroke twin is very doable.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
There is no bike on the street that sounds better than a multi cylinder 2 stroke, with a truly engineered set of expansion chambers, silencers optional. The more pipes the better rule applies here, its street! Stupid ama bans multi cylinders for mx, too much hp, but lets the 450f's slide? I grew up with some 350 and 400 street addicts.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Oh I think the RZ350 is still a pretty neat idea, a modern version would be really sweet. I'm pretty sure I would want it to run on pump gas though. Toating around some extra oil would be a big enough pain let alone a can of fuel. :)

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
The two stroke 250cc gp bikes at indy sound amazing! Wonder what it would take to get a hold of one of those and stuff it in my cr. Simoncelli i'm looking at you.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
There is no bike on the street that sounds better than a multi cylinder 2 stroke, with a truly engineered set of expansion chambers, silencers optional.
I completely agree!

Man, I miss my RD's. :(

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I rode a well built and tuned banshee once that was beyond crazy fast. It was similar to a 500 but it had a ton more top end. I was told it went over 100mph but I only rode it around some grape vineyards. It would pull the front end up in 4th gear when it hit. It was, no doubt, a death trap.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
Rich Rohrich said:
70 hp from an RZ350 two-stroke twin is very doable.
doable. if it was not google i will never know what this word means. god bless google!!!

well, i do not mean the 70 rwhp. i really mean that some have better seat of the pants dyno than others...

thanks for "dotting" the discussion :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My seat of the pants dyno has several skid marks on it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
helio lucas said:
doable. if it was not google i will never know what this word means. god bless google!!!

Sorry Helio, I sometimes forget that colloquial expressions aren't always clear to folks outside of my little corner of the planet. :whoa:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
_JOE_ said:
No one on AV Gas, eh?
I was until Rich beat me with a full 5 gallon fuel can.

Top Bottom