Which one is better .. everyone vote :)

Which is better?

• Total voters

biglou

It's a tossup for me. I tend to favor landscape over portrait, generally speaking. I could see this one cropped tight on the bars/helmet/eyes area, also.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
Mar 28, 2003
I like the second one better - it gives you a chance to focus more on the rider because there's less background.

Feb 4, 2001
Visit site
I like to see more of the track and that dirt looks sweet.

May 23, 2000
Visit site
I voted for number 2. I might have cropped just a tad looser on the sides, but I always like getting in close on the rider and bike. They're both great, but I like seeing the little details you pick up when stuff is cropped a little tighter like the second shot.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
www.dirtrider.net
I can't pick. I see benefits to both versions.

1 - fits very nicely on the pc screen (like for a screen background), has a nice clean background (doesn't get much cleaner, LOL), this version would be good for more of a track website shot or something for the track.

2 - great rider shot for the rider like to print & frame, see more detail/larger image of rider in the sizes you posted, good for like a mag article featuring the rider, and I tend to crop to the rider similar to this in my own mag/web shots.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
Feb 15, 2002
community.webshots.com
I like the second one better as it fills up the pic.The first one is good tho as it is in the "one third" of the frame. I would have to say its preference over talent. You are getting really good Okie,you better be careful you might have found another career.

Jul 5, 2006
I voted for the first one because I like a bit of space. I also like how the bike/rider is further to the right, leaving space to the left for him to ride into.

As far as other things go, that shot looks exposed perfectly. There is still detail in the black, and the whites are barley blown at all. The only thing to make that shot any better is to add 3000 people behind him cheering him on.

Don't buy ANYTHING until you check the gear finder! Need parts, tools or gear? Find it now: In-Stock & On-Sale! Real-time results, from multiple dealer inventories.