StuckinJersey

May 11, 2005
It's funny what people will say when exhaustion is banging on the door. I have heard many a swear word and threats even towards the guys leading because of a hill climb or nasty section towards the end of the day. Hhaa but then it's quickly forgotten once at the end of the trail. A GPS I should get one of those, would be better then getting lost.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
uhh well no riding here but im close. FINALLY got the kickstart shaft in and yesterday my dad TIG welded a couple of chunks of the case (clutch side) and it wouldnt go over the kickstart return spring so i was die grinding it out for like an hour. then i had like 1/4 inch to go before it would go on the bike properly and my dad started grinding and a piece came off in his hand that he welded up. so he took it back to work and tried to re-weld it but it just started to melt the case around the kickstart shaft hole. so he made a plate to hold it in place. got the throttle cable on and working. so now all i gotta do is get the air tube that goes from the air box to the carb onto the air box side. and add some oil into the case and she's ready to rip. i'll take it out if the weather holds. it snowed like 6 inches last friday and i spent 3 hours plowing the driveway. so not too good for riding the dirtbike right now but fun with the quad.

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Ride just about every weekend and sometimes during the week. It's been sunny and temps have been in the high 60's to low 70's during the day.....Beautiful!

Jan 16, 2005
I'll be loading up tomorrow around 7am. Should be a balmy 34 degrees like the past few mornings. It's supposed to be in the high forties low fifties which is tolerable. It keeps the ice to a minimum and uh 200chick, yeah I'm jealous. Have fun.

Jan 16, 2005
Went riding today and got to test out the new WER damper. Who ever said using a damper almost feels like cheating was right. It increased my riding abilities all over. Going into fast sections of rutted mud today was so much easier, and riding through the softball to melon sized rocky trails was almost like the bike chose the path and all I had to do was give it gas and hang on. A huge confidence builder.

These things are worth every penny and like it has been said many times before on here, I can't believe I didn't get one sooner.

All in all it was a great day weather wise, aside from the fact that my buddy kept fouling plugs on his CR so we had to head back a little early because his bike was being the strung out little whiney mx bike it was made to be.

firffighter

Jan 31, 2005
Thought I would give you all the great Pacific Northwest weather update. RAIN!! Record rainfall here in Oregon for the last month and a half. No end in sight. Forcast is for more and more of the liquid sunshine. I am a native Oregonian and this winter seems to be one of the worst I can remember. I am getting cabin fever. My bike has been completely disassembled, cleaned and reassembled. I even am and avid winter steelhead fisherman, and haven't been out but 1 day due to rivers at flood levels. I dont have a nice riding jacket and may have to pick one up and just go for it in the mud. Anyone have any suggestions on a good riding jacket? The worst part is that spring is usually our wettest time of year. Guess I'll just have to become a rainforest rider.

fundgh

Feb 17, 2005
Went riding in sunny central California on Saturday. My first time at Turkey Flats out of Pozo and had a great time. The scenery was nice, the trail conditions were great, there was no dust, and temperature was perfect. All in all a great ride!

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Rubbersidedown,
I have recently located from TN, Loretalynn fan, - riding on her ranch, I am located in Elkton MD, have a "few" friends that ride nothing exciting but I hear Rauch ? creek is good and with that Tower city. I am used to tech' and good hill's, is it worth hooking up - logistically??
Not familiar with the geographics.

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
Bought a new TTR125LE for the wife and daughter and we went riding yesterday at the local MX track after renewing our annual m'ships. They had a blast. Temps were 65 today so we rode on the ranch at my little play track/dirt pit. I finally got to ride my KDX today after overhauling pretty much the entire bike in the past couple of months.

Jan 16, 2005
MY KDX 220 R said:
Rubbersidedown,
I have recently located from TN, Loretalynn fan, - riding on her ranch, I am located in Elkton MD, have a "few" friends that ride nothing exciting but I hear Rauch ? creek is good and with that Tower city. I am used to tech' and good hill's, is it worth hooking up - logistically??
Not familiar with the geographics.

Rausch has tracks, and Tower City is all trails that are easily ridable by those with novice abilities. First timers in that region of PA have a hard time with the rocks. Seasoned riders used to nice soft terrain with little or no obstacles hate the rocks...did I mention there's a lot of rocks? Paragon is the other big riding area (more land) and can provide more of a challenge for those looking for it. Plenty of hills in that area for you to test fate... :laugh:

Hit me up if you're ever planning a trip up that way. We've been riding as long as the temps hover around 40, and in the warmer months we try and get out as often as possible.

Jan 16, 2005
NM_KDX200 said:
Bought a new TTR125LE for the wife and daughter and we went riding yesterday at the local MX track after renewing our annual m'ships. They had a blast. Temps were 65 today so we rode on the ranch at my little play track/dirt pit. I finally got to ride my KDX today after overhauling pretty much the entire bike in the past couple of months.

New TTR
Wife and daughter riding
65 degrees

Sounds like a hell of a great day to me... :nod:

My fiance loved her TTR but now she's ready to jump up to a little bit bigger ride. I'm going to miss the TTR once I sell it, that thing was a blast in the snow.

punkrawker

Jan 2, 2006
Been riding every weekend here connecticut .... the way we see it is as long as you dresss warm snow can only make things even more ridiculous , but usually fun .... Ill b heading out today to its only gonna b 30 out though which sux ..... But i gotta keep training for the netra season thats coming up

Top Bottom