jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by VintageDirt
I had lunch with Pancho Villa. :)

I at lunch at Pancho's one time. Dined with the King himself several times. Burger King that is...

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
a child hood freind of mine was Paul BOstaphs brother, Paul was the drummer in SLAYER :aj:
Grew up around the corner from Chris Titus from the show on FOX

My town was on the news alot, they killed a 17year old crossdresser.. Nad i got punched my Hulk Hogan at a wrestling match when i was 17, he turned, hit me and i looked him in the eye HAHA :laugh:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I did meet B.B. King once. I had a long elevator ride with He and Lucille (his guitar) and his assistant. Cool guy. He gave me some guitar pics and we talked a bit. Met Ted Nugent at a club once. Crazy dude for someone who doesn't drink. Also almost got into a fight with Steve Holland (guitar player) from Molly Hatchet at their concert many many moons ago. I was young and bullet proof then!

As you can see these brushes w/ fame are all rather (ahem) dated. I just don't get out much any more. :think:

-jeffd

B

biglou

Originally posted by NVR FNSH
Until I get to meet & ride with Big Lou my life won't be complete.......

Brian
LOL, Well, young Brian, you better be sitting down, because, you see, through the magic of the DRN miracle network, exactly two weeks from today, I am going to zoom into Reno for the Valentine Ride.  Not only will I be signing autographs, I will be riding with the group(s).  Just try not to run over me or leave me for buzzard bait out in the middle of nowhere! :)

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
I went to High School with Merle Hagard's grandson.
I sat next to Neal Shoen on an airplane.
I delivered a package to U2 when I was a motorcycle messenger.
I saw Lurch at the supermarket when I was a kid.
Ummm, I served John Travolta too.
Oh the glamour!

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Way!
I worked for Lightning Express in SF.
"We get there befor the Thunder".
It was really a blast except when it was raining.
What did you ride??

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I rode a Puch and wore a pudding bowl helmet while delivering packages to some guy named Raul on the corner of 7th and Townshend. Does that count?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Saw Cloris Leachman (Granny on Beverly Hillbillys movie) at Disneyland gift store when I was a kid.

Sat next to Bill Milliken on an airplane when I was about 15. He was governor of Michigan back in the 70's.

Waited around in the same airport terminal gate with James Brown (La Guardia). When we got home, wife bragged that we saw "James Taylor" at the airport. She's not real good with celebrity names.

Flew with the Red Wings on their private plane to a game at Toronto's Maple Leaf Gardens.

Saw former skiing great Billy Kidd at the top of Vail a few years ago. He was wearing his classic red, white, and blue jumpsuit and cowboy hat.

Twice removed brush: My friend was partying this past summer on a lake in Michigan. Bunch of pontoon boats tied together. He struck up a conversation with this scraggily looking dude with long hair, sunglasses, and hat. Around his arms was this quiet, petite blond with a huge chest. Half hour after talking with them, someone clued him in that it was Kid Rock and Pam Anderson.

Had dinner with Travis Pastrana (along with about 9 other people). We were all drinking; he had a Coke. Also met Dick Burleson the same weekend. Talked about our broken collarbones, not bikes.

What I think is weird is getting autographs; I just don't get them.

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Other than selling them for money, I don't get why someone would want someone's signature, on a scrap piece of paper, and then just save it. :think:

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Originally posted by Smit-Dog
Other than selling them for money, I don't get why someone would want someone's signature, on a scrap piece of paper, and then just save it. :think:

People have funny little obsessions.
Maybe they need something attached to the experience
besides just their memories.
I agree with you though. I don't really get it either.
Unless, it's a signed Van Gough or my paycheck.

Jake T

Mar 23, 2000
Um, I once saw a Jesse Ventura look-alike. Big bald guy with a mustache. Does that count?
Oh! I was roosted by Fonseca at Millville and took some dirt in the mouth! Sand never tasted so sweet....

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Well... I swear that I saw Colonel Sanders of KFC.... Had the baby blue suit with ruffles a gold cane.... handlebar mustach, beard....

I am currently attending school with southern illinois basketball stars on the no1 rated team in the state, Tyson Schnitker(Going to be a Hoosier next year, and Nick Brooks(Butler) Oh yeah the team is the Robinson Maroons.

My mom was once chased out of a theater by Sam Kinnison.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
My sister in law is Patty Dunn ( Fireman Jim Dunn's daughter)
My wife has a friend whos brother is a backstreet boy
My Nephew left a band to spend time in Europe, the band is called Rancid or something like that.

And I know the incedible Elk :aj:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Ha! I had a '78 CB550. It was a total roach. I bought it for $500 from the guy that was with me on that trip to Reno last year. Just the other day I saw a cherry orange metal flake 77 or 78 CB tghat a friend bought... it sure brought back memories (except his ran and looked like Honda intended it to). Have fun in Reno, John.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Let's see... I got drunk with Stewart Granger. Had a beer and talked dirt bikes and about "On Any Sunday" with Steve McQueen. When working for a large So. Cal residential security company my clients included Howie Long, Joe Montana, Marcel Dionne and a bunch of other sports and Hollywood types. Got stuck in traffic in LA next to Telly Savalas and heckled him out the window for about five minutes trying to get a lollipop until he got pissed off and rolled up his window. Had dinner in my house with Green Bay Packer legend Ray Nitchke ( got a great off color story about his college days at Northwestern) I worked security at a Kansas and Ted Neugent concert then played a semi drunken version of Rollerball on ice skates with all of the band members with the exception of Neugent who was being a girlie man and pouting in a coatroom with his guitars. Theres quite a few more but I'm sick a typing.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom