davek

Feb 19, 2005
I have a 97 yz 250 that the kicker is wore out. I don't like how short the kicker was . will a newer kicker bolton on like a 02 or newer 4stroke or 2 stroke? My problem is at the bottom of the stroke my foot kits the foot peg and I can't get a good kick. has anybody moded the kicker for a better kick.
Thanks Dave K from DE.
occr member

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Hi Dave, problem with mixing and matching is that it may not clear the pipe, fuel tank, or it may protrude out and interfere with your boot/leg. I had a custom one made for my '94 KX500 and it took several tries before it fit properly. I'd suggest calling your Yamaha dealer, maybe they will let you bring your bike down and try pulling one off of a new one in the showroom to see if it's compatible before you buy one.

BBR makes a replacement billet kickstarter for '96 - '01 YZ250's, same as the '99 - '02 YZ400/426F. They have them on clearance right now for $99, which sounds like a good deal, you might try calling them to see what the length is like compared to the one you've got.

davek

Feb 19, 2005
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into that . The local shop is only interested in selling bikes, not much help for any thin else.
DaveK

Top Bottom