katoomed00

Nov 18, 2000
has anyone encountered a ignition problem where the bike will all of a sudden start missing ,won't take any throttle then kill and won't start for about 5 min,after it starts runs fine for about 15 min ,then starts the cycle again.when it stops no spark out of wire,change plug same problem,not sure where to start and if it would stay dead would be easier to find out the problem,surely dont want to part change,small fortune for that too.
thanks for the input

dstktmusa

Jan 5, 2001
check the repair manual for ohm readings for the stator and coil. It sounds like one of those are getting hot and breaking down and would then only work when cool again.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I agree. My RFS engine service manual lists those specs but I'm not sure if the owners manual does.

So DSTKTMUSA, what's with this 450SX? 520 cylinder and piston or the 520 crank/rod with the 400 cyl/piston? What do you think of it compared to the 400?

stevep

Jan 5, 2002
I would also advise that you check the plug cap and replace as they can burn out easily on modern bikes. Always run resistor plugs were possible as all modern bike have they CDI designed for them, so thye supply no electrical problems.
Wolf CDI will be releasing a KTM 400 / 520 unit within the next 1 - 2 months so if all else fails you can get one of those..

Good Luck

Top Bottom