tsnobaddays

Feb 11, 2008
looking at a 01 cr250 the kick start is not going completly back in place and rattles around while running what would cause this. I have not seen the bike in person just watch video of it running and noticed this. Thanks for any info.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Wear between the pivot shaft that attaches to the engine and the lever itself. Or a missing detent ball. Just buy a new lever assembly and you'll be good to go.

tsnobaddays

Feb 11, 2008
I did look these parts up and they are fairly cheap. The bike is a 01 cr250 with the kick start issue and needs front tube they are asking $2200 bike does have a few upgrades. In your opinion is $2200 too much

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Depends on your local market. It's a bit high for my area unless it was showroom new looking and was mechanically sound. 2200 is too much for a tired racebike....even if it has new, shiny plastic/graphics and tons of bolt ons.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I think $2,200 is too high in my market. Even if no kickstarter issue. If I were going to ask that kind of scratch for a 10 year old bike, I would have fixed the kickstarter first. As far as "front lube," do you mean the forks need oil?? Or maybe the steering stem bearings?? (Either answer could mean potential problems)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
NUMBER 1, Are you sure its the correct kick starter? The 93 or so till 99 will, kind of work, but drags across the frame and does not go back into place properly oriented. Suck it up, get the 1 that fits, from a 00 or 01, only.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
2stroker, My advice for you is to slide your keyboard to the right or left and proceed to bang your head on the desk. I have yet to find a translator that works for Fox. ;)

Top Bottom