nectar

Sep 11, 2002
Any 01 kx250 owners out there? I ask cause I just purchased one this Sat. and will be picking it up this wkend. The bike looks bone stock other than bars. Could anyone make some recommendations for mods regarding pipe, suspension....I plan on using it for casual MX and maybe some off-road. My weight 160, and I'm intermed. off-road rider, but wanna ride some tracks. Tks.

Jersey420

Apr 24, 2003
congrats... i have an 02 KX250 and have a Fatty pipe and power core silencer on the way , i'll let you know how that goes...
I love my KX for just rippin around and i think its one of the best 250's for trails too, kind of a heavy flyweight feel compared to my older YZ250.
have fun!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Congrats on the new bike :)
I nstalled a FMF Fatty w/a Turbine Core too Silencer, made a big improvement, bike pulls hard and has more top-end power.. Then i installed a set of Moto Tassanari reeds and noticed an improvement.. I went down one size on the mainjet (I would have too look in my notes too see what the carb is set at) the bike has been on the same spark plug for over a year and i ride just about every weekend, except during the summer this past year.. As for the suspension, i would play around w/the clickers, the susp, if stock, should be close for your weight.. May want too put new oil.. Also, i use Maxima 80wt in the gearbox, change it about every othe ride.. Im still on the original clutch.. Have fun on your bike :thumb:
Rick

nectar

Sep 11, 2002
Tks for replys, good info., unforutuantly the tires are shot so I'll be wrestling with them before I can ride it. Plus check carb. to see what's going on with that and ripping apart the suspension for greasing bearings casue all the bolts on this thing look virgin. Factory manual is on order....Maybe, I'll just take it out for a quick ride and just go easy.....Tks again.

nectar

Sep 11, 2002
Tks DR03....I was curious about the procircut comb as Chevy team uses them and wondered how they worked....I've used a couple of fmf pipes on other bikes but will prob. use procircut on this kx, but we shall see.....tks again to all that replied.

Top Bottom