Rick CT

Mar 8, 2003
Hello guys,,I recently bought a bone stock '02 CR250,,I did the MX BONZ airbox fix,,now I was wondering what I need to do to improve the throttle responce,,I mean low end,,trust me, it goes plenty fast enough for me, new reeds? jetting? pipe? any sugestions would be appreciated. I am just tyrying to stay ahead of my 9 and 7 year old. thank you Rick CT

murphy's law

Oct 11, 2002
Rick, I have an 02 CR 250 and I recently decided that I'm going to send my top end to eric gorr. I've read nothing but good things about his engine mods for this bike in the drn forums. Plus it's cheap compared to the other stuff you could blow your money one. I bought a fmf fatty pipe / shorty silener, v force moto-t reed cage, tired all kinds of jetting changes with different fuel (c-12-mr2 -ultimate 2) and the differences were minimal. Plus it's 6 degrees outside and i' bored.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've always went with pipe and reeds but actually I've paid more for them instead of going with eric's porting. Jis work is excellent and from now on, I'll be trying that route if possible.

Dart440

Jun 12, 2002
Recently on my 02 CR250 I started doing mods from pure stock form. I took it all apart and greased entirely everything there was to grease on the bike. Then put a bills pipe/silencer on I got off of Ebay for dirt cheap. I had the head milled .010, did a quick knife edge on the entrance of transfer ports (nothing major) and a glorified polish job to eliminate the casting flash. I geared it from a 13/48 to a 13/50 so It should work quite well. The suspension I just got back from being revalved and I think that will be the best mod I could do to the bike. No matter how fast your bike can go the suspension is usually the limiting factor!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom