Jeff Ammon

Feb 27, 2002
I have a stock 02 KDX 200. I race it more in motorcross than hare scrambles but i enjoy both. Can anyone recomend upgrades for MX racing for the KDX {pipe/silencer combos, suspension,etc.} I like to jump and want to make sure I am not going to wear out the suspension too fast. I only weigh 135 lbs. and feel reducing the KDX's weight will help on the MX track. I don't want to go to a straight MX bike because i like the flexibilty of the KDX.

Mike Hubert

Apr 22, 2001
If you want to run serious MX even at your weight you will need heavier shock and fork springs and probably you will need to revalve your forks. Standard power enhancing stuff like removing the airbox top, FMF Rev Pipe and rejetting will help with power. I run almost entirely MX and I went to a 14 tooth front sprocket and a 50 tooth rear sprocket, thats kind of like dropping 1-2 teeth on the back with the stock 13 on front, my dealer didn't have 47 and 48 tooth rear sprockets in stock so I improvised. The reason I went this way was that 3rd gear didn't carry quite far enough for many MX jumps and 4th gear was too much.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom