02 kx250 fork problems

jet373

Apr 2, 2002
i installed a set of race-tech 4.6 fork springs from the stockers the other day and i i set the oil at 70mm clickers 12 and 12 the valving is stock ..iam a b rider 215lbs
..i was riding ax and i would feel
this kerpunk feeling in the forks as i would enter the whoops .... anytime the wheel would leave the ground like on leaving the face of a double or triple .... it feels to me that the forks are slamming outward i have tried to slow the rebound down and it got worse.... . i even pulled the forks off to check that i did it right. the onlything i didnt do was set any kind of preload on them ........but on the 1st page of the paper r/t sent with them it says there ready to go .... but on the 2nd page they talk about seting preload .....iam mech inclined....... so anyone got any ideas ........

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
1st thing to check is the length of the RT springs-compare them to std-should be within a couple of mm-if not you will need to use spacers to keep the length similar.

jet373

Apr 2, 2002
the rt springs are a inch longer ......i am wondering if i got the worngs springs

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
A inch is alot-check with them if they are correct, as i dont like to space(preload) springs that much.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…