02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
Im posting here because I kind of need a speedy reply. Im getting a new bike and need some help. I found two that I like. Both of these are pristine with less than 25 hours on them. Im kind of leaning towards the kawasaki but will the honda be that much more advanced since its an 07? Thanks.

CJR

Jun 22, 2008
Assuming that price is not an issue, I would go with the Honda. It is 4 years newer which is a huge plus. Both Honda and Kawasaki make great bikes so why would you be considering an 03? I have a CR250 and it is a great bike. Very strong motor and reliable as hell. I'm sure both are strong but go newer and it will require less maintanence in the short term and also think resale value. If you keep the bike a couple of years and decide to sell you will have an easier time with the 07.

Just my $.02, good luck.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
An '03 KX250 is a one year only bike. 99-02 are the same platform but the 03 was sort of a transition year and some parts only fit 03. If the price and condition is comparable, I'd go with the Honda.

02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
Thanks guys. Thats a really good bit of info to know about being a transition year. I just saw an o5 yz 250 thats really clean and about $600 less. I think im gonna go with that.

02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
update

I got the yz and put about 6 hours on it already. I couldnt be happier. As soon as I saw the guys garage I knew it was the one. He had a couple sport bikes, a cruiser and a big suzuki 4t enduro. All perfectly maintained. Thanks you guys for your responses. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom