03RM125

Feb 17, 2006
Hey this is my first time posting here.
I bought a 03 rm125 and i just took it for a casual ride last weekend. i found a few problems with it and was wondering if you could help me.
the first problem is that i think the crank seal is leaking. my dad was riding behind me and said it smelt like burning motor oil and it was smoking too much,(also had tar stuff drippin out the pipe) so is this my problem? if so, what is the process of replacing it? also the front end seems pretty stiff, i changed the settings to stock and they are still really hard and not that smoothe, should i drain all the oil out and clean them up? or what might be wrong with them? the other problem is jetting but i want to wait till the oil problem is fixed first

THANKS

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Well it's certainly possible that the crank seal is leaking, however the oil oozing from the pipecould be jetting related. Not sure how much jetting the original owner did to that bike but when my son got his with the stock jetting the Canadian bikes came with it would barely run. Stock main was a 560 and we ended up at 460 :yikes: .

03RM125

Feb 17, 2006
Thanks Chili,
i kinda figured that the crank seal was leaking. but the biggest concern i have is with the forks. they just dont seem normal.

Top Bottom