2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Have searched in this thread, but still needing some more imput. I'm a woods rider, and still looking to clean-up the mid-range on my RM. I believe I'm really close to FINALLY getting this thing figured out, but could use someone elses experience.
Current jetting:
pilot...45 (48 stock)
main...168 (175 stock)
500-1000ft. altitude
70-80 degrees
92 octane pump gas (race fuel NOT an option)
If I run stock needle in stock position (3'rd slot)...blubber
and 2'nd slot will ping when under a load. Who has history with other needles? Owner's manual says next step leaner needle is a N2ZW. Does this mean it is 1/2 clip leaner?
Need to get this running crisper, but am not overly-concerned with spooge...better slightly rich than seizing her up!
Thanks

zookieman

Jul 7, 2003
2003 SUZUKI RM250
Main...165
Pilot...45
Needle...stock
Air screw...1 1/2 turns

These adjustments worked well for me I live in Michigan. My 03rm250 was spooging like hell and fouling plugs like crazy until I made these adjustments. Now I have no spooge and have not fowled a plug since. The clip is at the 3rd position stock. That is where I left mine. P.S. 2 1/2 years with these setting and not a single problem. (AND IT RIPS!)

02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
Try a N3WK needle,its from an 01' RM250 bike.This is what lots are using.You can also try a 7.0 slide.But when they run crisp the rm's tend to ping underload on pump fuel.The compression is high in stock form.I know you mention no race gas but to get them to run clean you have too...

My setup now:

162-165 main
N3WK needle @2nd slot
7.0 slide
45 pilot w/ A.S. 1 1/4 out
race gas mixed @32:1

Mods: V-force W/ yamaha reed spacer,Pro-circuit or bills pipe depending on conditions with procircuit spark arrestor.8 oz. Flywheel weight.

Runs very clean with no spooge.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Bills pipes have a dyno for that pipe- 1-2HP on top, with no lost bottom.

2-strokes- what silencer you running??? in my experience, that had more effect on pinging than the needle clip.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
bclapham,
Posted this thread a while ago, and have since solved the issue...at least for now in this hot weather. Went to the 2'nd clip position on stock needle and am adding 2 0z. per gallon of octane booster......ping is gone. I ride woods, and run FMF's Q.
Thanks....

motolink

Apr 15, 2004
I had tthe best results using the JD Jetting kit which will fit the 03 to 05 RM250, made one small adjustment after emailing James and the bike was responding real well.

Danger

Jan 15, 2004
motolink said:
I had tthe best results using the JD Jetting kit which will fit the 03 to 05 RM250, made one small adjustment after emailing James and the bike was responding real well.

I have the JD kit on the way. What was the adjustment you needed to make?
Thanks.

Greg

Top Bottom