Feb 23, 2004
I've had my 03 RM250 for a year now and last night i went to replace the chain and sprockets. When i compared the new chain to the old one, i saw it was longer. both chains are DID gold...the old one is a 520ERT and the new one is a 520ERM. the bike had a brand new chain when i got it and i haven't removed any links from it. does anyone have any idea why this bike would have a 114 link chain on it? The bike was an ex-practice bike for Buddy Antunez when he raced the Canadian Nationals in 2003. What should i do with the new chain, cut 6 links out of it?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Unless you specify the # of links when you order a chain you'll get 120 links. It's up to you to cut it to length. The # of links on the bike may be different from standard if the sprockets have changed size. I don't know what the chain size is on that year bike but cut the new one same as the old one.

Feb 23, 2004
Thanks...i think i mighta had one too many beers when i was working on the bike last night...i looked in my manual after posting this and i see the bike has 114 links stock...and i now remember (beer buzz has worn off) cutting new chains on my old 125!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom