colin wood

Nov 10, 2001
HAS ANYONE SEEN A O4 CR125 OR RIDEN ONE.I AM INTERESTED TO FIND OUT IF THE NEW MOTOR IS COMPETITIVE AGAINST THE OTHER 125S.THE 03 WAS SLOW BUT GREAT SUSPENSION.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
No info nada, just specs from honda, no tests at all. I got tried of waiting and went with a sure thing got the '04 KX 125. I haven't even seen an '04 CR 125 at any dealers or motorcycle brokers. I was waiting on the CR too, but I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it to be very fast.

Sayntmatt

Jul 22, 2002
I have seen an 04 CR125 at a show over here in UK and some of the dealers have prices and are taking orders for them. To me they look as if there isnt really much difference in it against the 03 model apart from the new bodywork. I have not seen any tests yet and like the post above I couldnt wait so I have got the 04 YZ instead!!

I wonder if Honda are piling all there R&D cash into the new 250 thumper and have neglected the 125????

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Probably are dumping it all on the 250F, I also don't think the CR will be that faster, it has such a low engine compression ratio listed and that was one of the problems it had. It seemed like everyone was going with tighter/less clearance piston/ring setups to up the compression to make it run better. I just like how in honda's specs they claim it got a new piston shape but it doesn't say why exactly. Then they claim it got a new pipe design, it looks like they went back to the '00 - 02 style. I bet the tests will come back much like last years but now it doesn't have a hit cause the electronic power valve has made it to smooth.

WWR

Sponsoring Member
Jul 15, 2000
Woohoo!!

I have been waiting for this for some time. If the cylinders have the same bolt pattern as my NSR, like all the other CR's since 2000, then they may be able to fit my bike! (mine already has the electronic powervalves) This may be good news (as long as they fit, or can be made to fit) because Honda has discontinued production of the NSR cylinders.

Now, if we can just find a bearing company willing to make the special main bearings for the crank, and a shop that can rebuild them, we can find a way to keep this bike alive even longer (Honda has discontinued production of the cranks, also)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Well a UK mag has finally ridden one, and the virdict?? well its better than the 03(most 80s are) but it still is not fast, it has more bottom and mid(sounds like less top IMO) they added that it needs more mid and top to be fast.I think it will be the slowest 125 this year.
IMO the order will be
KTM(more bottom and mid)
KX(most top)
YZ(very close to RM almost a tie)
RM
CR(good by 1980s standards but wont match the 2004s)
They will all get creamed by the 250fs but you have a good chance on them all but the CR.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Why can't Honda get their 125 motor right?

My cousin has either a 91 or 93 CR125 and that thing screams. Clutch it and spin the tire on cement through 1st 2nd and into 3rd before it gets traction and throughs into a wheely.

Riding that bike makes me want to get a 125 sometimes, but then it comes out of the powerband.... :)

Top Bottom