04 wr450

mountainman

just got done with the mods( cut grey wire,removed air box snorkel,filed throttle stop,twinair filter,pmb exhaust tip,power now insert,2.5 turns out on air fuel,no jet changes,13-52 sprockets,did chain,zip ty slies+glides,braking wave rotor rear.) runs like a raped ape! straight from idle thru god knows what rpm,unbelievable power curve,no hesitations no bobbles just straight up power. i used to ride a tricked out it490 which i thought was fast,iwas wrong not only is the wr fast but very controlable w/stock suspension. i would highly reccomend these mods.would like to hear from other wr people.

I would be interested to know how it does heads up to a yzf. I have a yz426 and I would like to go to the wr.I am sick of people pushing buttons while I'm left kicking, but thats not the only reson I want to go WR.

i've not ridden the yzf but from what i gather the wr has much more bottom end and usable power due to a heavier fly wheel and different cam. stock it comes with some sort of timing retard but can easily be fixed by cutting a grey wire from the ecu,the wr is 20 sum pounds heavier but it does'nt show it to me.(6'4" pushin 300) suspension is better than i thought it would be for my weight the only thing i cant figure out is a bit of brake stutter in the rear, it has rebound damp,hi+lo compression damping so if you know the magic combo let me know! other than that if you ride the woods go for it,if your an mx'er stick with kickin!