CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
I have decided on getting a 05 KX 100 instead of the 125. I just prefer the smaller bike over the 125. My dealer has a leftover 05 that said he would work down the price on to get rid of it. How much can I expect to get him to come down and what would be reasonable?

For my 11yo son I have decided to get him the KLX 110 to get started on. It fits him good and should be a good started bike.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
First off, great choice with the KX, as long as you aren't too tall or heavy for it. I'm 5'11, 175 with gear on and have a blast on a KX100. I ride a bigger bike part of the time too. Depending on your size, if you are picking just one bike maybe you do want the 125. Either way, you will have lots of fun.

Regarding pricing on a KX100, a couple months ago I went on a massive search for a new RM. I called about 30 dealers, using the dealer locator from the Suzuki web site. In the process of doing that, I had several dealers trying to sell me a KX100. Some of these were older than '05, but after about '02, they didn't make any changes other than the stickers. The lowest price I found was $2500 + tax, this is for a new bike. I think anying 2700 or below and you would be getting a pretty good deal. I paid a bit more for my RM, but they have been updated every year or two. Also keep in mind that pricing varies depending on supply and demand. I have heard that in different areas, you are lucky to buy any bike below retail.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
The KX100 is a blast. But if your comparing it to a 125 its not even close. I have a 100 now and have had 125's and Id say its about 1/2 as powerful. I can scream it around in the sand but pulling my 196lb butt any higher than 3rd gear aint happening. But if your settled on the bike, if you can get around msrp or less for an Out The Door price then your doing good. The best price Ive been quoted here is 3299 OTD.

StevenT

Oct 10, 2005
I bought a new '05 KX100 about a month ago from a dealer in Atlanta. Paid $2,800 plus sales tax.

BTW, I weigh about 155 and the 100 pulls my butt around just fine in the north GA mountain trails. The only real limitation I have found is that the smaller wheels don't track as well in the rough stuff as a "full size" bike. But it totally rocks in turns and jumps (with stiffer springs for your weight). I have no regrets.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Slick-the lack of power you are feeling is due to the sand! Big bikes are better for sand, not just due to the motor, but also the larger wheels. A good 85 or 100 should not only pull you great through all the gears, but wheelie through 4th, on hard ground.

Regarding the power, yes the 125 definitely has more peak power, although the 100 has more low end than some 125s I think.

CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
Thanks for the advice, I know the 125 and 100 are totally different machines. I have always just preferred a smaller bike for myself and I dont really need the extra power for the type of riding I will be doing. My wife will also be able to ride this bike so that makes it another plus.

Top Bottom