CrewCab2000

Nov 2, 2005
I just bought a 06 KLX110 and a KX100 yesterday. I bought the 110 for my 11yo son. He is having trouble pushing the kickstarter hard enough to get it started. He has never rode before and I am teaching him on this bike, but he is getting discouraged already because of not getting it started on his own. Has anyone elses kids had problems starting these bikes or any tips I can give him.

paintball

Sep 10, 2005
hold the bike up and have him kick it a bunch of times he learn to kick fast
u dont have to let the kicker go all the way up
i had a hard time kicking when i first started to ride

that way he can just jump up on the pegs and start kickin fast and by the time its starts to lose balance it should start

dhunt

Nov 22, 2002
My kids 110, the choke spring is soft so unless you hold it out while you kick it doesnt start very good cold. Also the pilot jet is so small that mine got clogged from air filter oil from the dealer. If thats not the reason tell your son my 10 yr old girl kicks it no problem... :laugh: :ahhh:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Of course, all bikes are a little stiffer and harder to kick when they're new. It will get easier. Focus on the technique and keep encouraging him. Soon he'll be firing it off with a big grin on his face!

Top Bottom