RM-ZRYDER

Apr 20, 2009
I just purchased my first bike.Its a 05 rmz.Im having problems getting it started.The guy i bought it form said he put a new piston in it.When i bought i seen him take a few kicks before starting it but being new to whole thing i didnt think anything of it.once running it runs good except cutting out a little on hard excelleration.

What i have noticed so far that if i blip it like ten times,leave the choke off it starts faster.It still takes like 20-30 kicks before starting.Any sugestions?It has two nobs on the carb one black one on the side and a red one on the bottom.Thanks.

Mophuka

Jan 14, 2006
have the valves been checked lately. if they are in spec I would then clean out the carbs jets. also adjust the air/fuel mixture screw to 1 1/2 truns out from all the way in.

if it makes you feel any better my 05 also takes a special touch to get it started. I usually twist the throttle three times then make sure you give a good kick all the way down. I usually have to do that 1 or 2 times and she fires right up.

RM-ZRYDER

Apr 20, 2009
Mophuka said:
have the valves been checked lately. if they are in spec I would then clean out the carbs jets. also adjust the air/fuel mixture screw to 1 1/2 truns out from all the way in.

if it makes you feel any better my 05 also takes a special touch to get it started. I usually twist the throttle three times then make sure you give a good kick all the way down. I usually have to do that 1 or 2 times and she fires right up.

This is what i wish mine would do.Does the manuel show me how to do these things.I have not got one yet.Whats the spec on the valve clearence?Can i do this with the motor still in the bike?

Also would the timing have anthing to do with this?How do you know if its out of time.I could check it while im in there?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom