carlbielke

Jul 4, 2002
Hi, I have a problem with the transmission oil seemingly leaking into the engine oil compartment. After riding I have way too much oil in the engine compartment and I'm low with about the same amount in the transmisson oil compartment.

However, I took the clutch and drive gear apart and reached the right crank seal today and it looked fine, I scratched it a little getting it out but it didn't look like it could leak a lot. Does anyone know of another possible passage?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I posted the same question on another forum, sorry if you've seen it there.

PS. I did a search for "CRF oil leak" but found no matches.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Replace the right crank seal, it's leaking. It's a common problem on CRFs.

carlbielke

Jul 4, 2002
Thanks Rich, you're the man!
Don't know if you remember this but I PMed you about which bike to buy and I went for it. The Honda is awesome, no complaint whatsoever, I really appreciate your help.

I ordered the crank seal yesterday so I'm going to be looking at my bike for at least ten days until it arrives in Paraguay. Is there anything else I can do in the meantime? Should I check the balancer seal or isn't it neccesary?

I guess now would be a good time to check the valves as well even if it always starts on the first or second kick.

My bike had 30 hours on it when I bought it and since then 15 more so I'm approaching 50 hours soon.

Regards,
Carl

Top Bottom