10min Powerpoint Presentation! Ideas please! (on dirt bikes)

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Hello!
I am going to be doing a 10 minute Power Point presentation on dirt bikes in front of the class.

I need to gather information and this is (or so i think)is a great place to gather some info. I got a couple pages of information on it already, but more is ALMOST always better!

It is mainly on purchasing a bike, some basic terms to know about a bike and what you can do/race, and some of the racing classes you can do and such, and also some helpful tips to know in the world of dirt bikes!

But i need some ideas and stuff i could include into it. I can use information on just about anything that has to do about dirt bikes.

I mainly need info on:
1. Common vocabulary that you would run into about dirt bikes.
2. Some helpful tips that you could use to while racing/riding.
3. Some rules at racetracks. (maybe a link)
4. Helpful tips to know while purchasing a dirt bike.
5. And anything else you think is important or should be noted about dirt biking!

Thanks if you are willing to share info about this subject! I would be VARY happy!

Thanks
~(V)opar

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
Moparman1539 said:
Hello!
I am going to be doing a 10 minute Power Point presentation on dirt bikes in front of the class.

I need to gather information and this is (or so i think)is a great place to gather some info. I got a couple pages of information on it already, but more is ALMOST always better!

It is mainly on purchasing a bike, some basic terms to know about a bike and what you can do/race, and some of the racing classes you can do and such, and also some helpful tips to know in the world of dirt bikes!

But i need some ideas and stuff i could include into it. I can use information on just about anything that has to do about dirt bikes.

I mainly need info on:
1. Common vocabulary that you would run into about dirt bikes.
2. Some helpful tips that you could use to while racing/riding.
3. Some rules at racetracks. (maybe a link)
4. Helpful tips to know while purchasing a dirt bike.
5. And anything else you think is important or should be noted about dirt biking!

Thanks if you are willing to share info about this subject! I would be VARY happy!

Thanks
~(V)opar

First off dont be corny, i hate when people make our sport look stupid.

Common vocabulary that you would run into about dirt bikes:

"Strokes"
Casing a jump
A goon
Armpump
anything i dont know

Helpful tips to know while purchasing a dirt bike.

Mention that used doesnt mean crap, it means previously loved. Starter riders should stick to 125cc or less.
Explain the drastic difference in power between a bike of different stroke even if the are the same size.

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
1. trick names...company names...Supercross, motocross...pit bikes...clutch, kickstart, AMA...popular races and SX Xgames, Glen Helen, i forgot the name of the international MXdesomething, not sure
2. where the right gear, don't push yourself too far past your limits, when i jump i get on my feet and hitting whoops...help with berm turns flat turns... state some of t
3 http://www.bartowmotocross.com/TrackRules.html i just found this, guess it'd work
4. make sure you see a dealer to get it for size and weight, maybe take a training course to learn like i did at the Honda SE center...if you want it cheaper use local places like cycle trader (the magazine)
5. its not an easy sport, its expensive, dangerous, but fun! have some crazy pictures of Blake Balko (spelling?) backflip cliffhanger, james stewart, allesi, charmichael or any of the other greatest riders...

just my ideas

thats a long presentation
oh and like the guy above...strokes

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
As far as power point goes, don't be worried about making it "look good". Use the "KISS" theory, Keep it simple stupid. I use that a lot. Pick a color scheme and use it throughout the whole presentation. Don't change the font sizes or colors (unless needed, for spacing issues) or the background colors. Don't over do it with the animations.

Keep the facts straight and to the point.

Material wise, have your stuff well thought out. Don't make it look like you copy and pasted the whole thing. It always impresses me when someone can talk for 5 minutes about the slide they're showing, and there's only 3 sentences on it.

Just have fun with it, make it to your style, but always legible and professional looking. The reason I have so much info for this, is because I just finished making a 15 slide presentation on Land Use. Which as you know, could be a very boring subject.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
elliot67 thanks for that tid bit i got teh first two pages done, and ive been trying to make it look all fancy. But i am going to change it now. And dont worry, i won't make it corney. And thanks for the infor it helps alot!

Thanks
~(V)opar

Top Bottom