Brian2

Aug 2, 2001
I have a 1995 KDX 200, bought used. Love the bike, the FMF 035 Rev pipe that came on the bike is a little too revy for the woods I ride. (side note, I bought the bike with 13/51 gears, currently changed to 13/49's so now I feel the need for more torque, the bike doesn't have the bite that my buddy's 99' 220R has with 14/48's) I have a chance to buy a new FMF Gold Series Fatty Pipe - 88-89 KX125 pipe, WILL IT FIT AS A BOLT ON? From reading the forum I take it that our motors are a variation of the 125cc, but not sure what years or how much variation. Also, what other parts will fit our bikes from Kawi's other models?

TobyS

May 1, 2000
I would be interested in your pipe if it is a K-35. The number should be stamped on the mounting tab. If you're interested in selling it, send me a message to let me know the condition it is in, and how much you want for it.
Thanks,
Toby S
Motorbike3@aol.com

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
If your pipe is a kg-35 i think it is a torque pipe and not a rev. If this is the case i dont think any other pipe will give more low-end power. I would think that trying to fit another application pipe would be a nightmare and give
disapointing performance. But if the pipe is cheap and you have lots of time,
give it a try and let us know the results.
Steve

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Even if the pipe had the correct size flange to fit the engine exhaust spigot, and assuming it would bolt up to the KDX frame at all, I doubt that it would run well at all. A 125 pipe is designed for port timing and gas volume/velocity that is totally different than a KDX engine. A 125 revs much higher, has more aggressive porting, probably moves a higher volume of gasses, and is tuned for a much higher rpm range than a KDX. I would bet that it would run awful. Either FMF pipe for a KDX 200 is great. I do think the K 35 pipe is the torque pipe, not the rev pipe, so if the bike feels peaky and soft down low, you might want to have a look at the power-valve. You should have a very torquey power spread, with lots of grunt.

Brian2

Aug 2, 2001
Oops

Correction, its a K-30 Rev pipe, must have been wishful thinking since the K-35 is the pipe I want. Thanks for the responses, guess I'll nix it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom