racer965

Apr 13, 2006
Hey guys today me and my friends were ridin and my chain popped off at a high speed the chain then got wedged beetween the shifter nnd engine case real tight so we tried to pull it out but itn nwouldnt budge so we took the front sprocket offf and were able to pull the chain out freely. so we put the sprocket and chain back on and tightened the chain up. So i pulled it out of the garage and tryed starting it up, and it made a wierd different than normal sound and started for about 2-3 seconds and then it stalled so i tried to kick it again and it wouldnt start back up and it kept makin that wierd sound. my friends told me they thought the piston ring was broke or cracked because it had no compression so i tore apart the top end and the ring was fine and everything else looked fine. So i do not know what i should do any body no what it could be??? Ohh yeah my bikes a 125 PLEAZE hELP!!!!

Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
was there any compression at all? Did you foul a plug? Check all the obvious things first that you might just overlook. Plugs, was the gas on/off, things like that. Thats what i would do first.

racer965

Apr 13, 2006
im stupid

Well i think i made a real stupid mistake. I the funnny noise and bike starting and then stalling almost immediately was cause because the air intake boot coming from the air filter was not completely connected to the carb. But i still took apart the entire engine drainned the coolant and got water into the oil. So im going to have to replace the coolant and oil for no reason at all. Well i just hope that is the problem and nothing internally in the engine. Could this be the problem or not???

Anssi

May 20, 2001
So you got water in the oil when you took the engine apart or there was coolant in the oil before you took it apart? If before, then that is more likely a symptom than the cause of the problem.

Was there still a lot of coolant in the radiators? Anyways, be sure to check your water pump seal and the pump itself (the pump actually got corroded through to the cases on my -86 or so CR125 when I think the wrong type of coolant was put in and I lost enough coolant to seize the engine).

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
Yes, the boot off would make things not run right. remeber this K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid. I've been working on cars and bikes for a long time, and still have to remind myself at least once a week, slow down, look for the obvious.

racer965

Apr 13, 2006
well the boot wasnt the problem but there was water in the gas but i thought the bike would still attleast start up im going to change the piston ring though and the seals i hope this fixes the problem.

Top Bottom