russdaddy

Jul 23, 2007
i need to do my first oil change on my '83 kdx 250 and was wondering wat oil would be best and if there is any that i should try and stay away from etc.thanks for the info

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
10w-40 motor oil

Everyone swears by the specific brand they use as the best. I have have good success with Bel-Ray 80w Gear Saver. It is gear oil, and it is measured differently than motor oil, though it is equivalent to 10w-40.

russdaddy

Jul 23, 2007
how much should i replace the old oil with,sorry if these sound like stupid questions,i dont have the manual for the bike and cant find one anywhere so this is the only way i ahve of knowing,thanx for the help
:ride:

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
Might say on the case, measure what you take out but you would have to bet its around a litre. The bigger oil companies have sites that tell you what oils to use and what quantity, I think they go back to 83.

idl1975

Aug 19, 2008
russdaddy said:
how much should i replace the old oil with,sorry if these sound like stupid questions,i dont have the manual for the bike and cant find one anywhere so this is the only way i ahve of knowing,thanx for the help
:ride:

My 220 says on the case - it's worth checking. No sight glass on the older 250s?

onthefly

Aug 2, 2008
I have been told..as mentioned above.. that Bel Ray Gear Saver sae 80 W is the ticket so I put it in mine. 83 - 85 KDX takes 600 cc's per the manual and shows 2/3 on the glass. Cant say if a 250 is different capacity..but don't overfill

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom